Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymousgirl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 06:38 PM
    Jealousy.
    I have a big problem with jealousy. I've met a very special guy and I'm very in love with him, and I don't want him to see how jealous I really am. I'll get mad if he even TALKS to another girl or walks with one to class, especially if she's hot. It's like inferiority complex, I guess I just have a low self esteem. I'm in high school, he's in college and I understand that there are hot girls there and everything, but I don't know what to do. Anyone know how I can fix this? I don't want us to break up because I'm a jealous freak! Help!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2005, 08:35 AM
    Jealousy - such a bad emotion. But, I find it as a WARNING sign to back off. If you are feeling jealous, it's time to be a little less available - we always want to come on stronger and it hurts.

Jealousy occurs WHEN you put WAY too much emotion into some WAY too early in a relationship. YOU CAN'T become clingy-needy - you need other things in your life - friends, school, work, sports, clubs, family, hobbies, travel etc.

Your boy friend IS NOT your life!! He is part of your life - you should NEVER put anyone on a pedestal! Ok?

You have to allow your guy to talk other girls - you shouldbe proud that other people are attracted to him - just as lon gas he is with you.

Jealousy WILL drive him away. We all feel this - the KEY is to keep inside. You have to learn to buidl barriers - NOT show your emotuins.

People want emotinally independent partners. You need to show that your life will go on just fine without him. ESPECIALLY EARLY in a relationship - LESS IS MORE early in a relationship - give less time... it will help build the relationship.

Remember - you other thinsg in your life and then this guy won't matter as much - especially early. Sometimes we get all stary eyed and don't realize they ar just another human.

Apr 26, 2005, 09:31 AM
    So, just occupy myself with other things other than him so I don't worry as much? Be less available. It's so hard, but I'll try. I mean, I want people to know he's mine and that they have no chance -- is that wrong? I know that fate plays a big role here and what happens happens. I find emotional adultery more offensive than actual adultery. I'm not scared he'll screw someone else, but that he'll fall in love with someone else. Do you ever feel this way? Thank you!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2005, 10:18 AM
    If you want to keep him, you have to do it. Less is more.

Being all jealousy and clingy-needy is a big turnoff.

Don't ever make a guy your entire life - it will ruin the relationship.

Once you learn to occupy other things in your life and EMOTIOINAL INDEPENDENCE - you will be much happier and won't get hurt again.
    toonking Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2005, 09:40 PM
    "Shoot for the moon because even if you miss... you'll land among the stars".

If you miss the moon, you wander in space forever. Stars are millions and billions of light years away. The moon is only several hundred thousand miles away.

A lot like jealously, I assume -- wandering forever in a void of nothingness, an emptiness with neither perimeter nor parameter. Lost without reason. Directionless in the dark envelopment of space, space being the human emotion.

May 1, 2005, 12:25 PM
    Uhm, thanks :o
    I'm more confused than before.
    toonking Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2005, 05:52 PM
    Again, the moon is only several hunded thousand miles away. If you miss, you'll need to go ANOTHER million light years before you land upon a star.

And stars are hot. You'll probably burn yourself. Like jealousy, a self-burn, inflicted on oneself out of a lack of respect for the object "sat" upon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy [ 25 Answers ]

I'm so jealose to my husband,whenever we go out,I think he look at other women,I keep look at his eyes to find where he look at.I told him about what I thinking & he said he looks everybody not just women or if he looks women he not mean it.he loves me,he keep saying I'm beautiful.. . But I know I...

Jealousy [ 13 Answers ]

Hello guys, I have a big problem which is I am so jealous of a friend since we were kids and every guy say that she is beautiful I hate them and I do not want to interact with them any more even he says he loves me I do not believe it and I break up with him, what you think I should do? It is...

Jealousy [ 2 Answers ]

Why are guys so jealous even when they aren't dating you? I mean even I get the pangs of jealousy when I see the guy I intend to date talking to another girl. But why is that, we aren't dating? Let's say we talk, but he has the right to talk to other people too since we aren't together. But I...

Unbelievable jealousy! [ 9 Answers ]

I have one more problem with my current relationship. You probably all think my relationship is doomed with problems, but I fail to mension all the great things about it! I am so jealous. Jealous of girls on the street he looks at, jealous of girls in magazines he looks at, jealous of his ex's....

View more questions Search