Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shpwreck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Briggs 14.5 OHV Engine only runs when choked
    I have a 14.5 OHV Engine that will only run when fully choked. I am thinking this is a carb problem. I have taken carbs apart and cleaned them on smaller engines but the 14.5 looks a little harder.

Can anyone give some tips on taking this thing apart and cleaning it. Does it sound like I am on the right track.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
    dales40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 11:43 PM
    Could be water in gas, I have used seafoam to take care of problem. The water will sit in the bowl and very little gas will be in the float bowl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16.5 OHV [ 19 Answers ]

I have a B&S 16.5 OHV MTD Yardman that will not turn over even though the starter and battery are OK. It will turn to a point and then stops. If I remove the spark plug it turns freely like it should. I know that removes the pressure in the cylinder but I don't know what could cause it to bind...

Briggs 14.5 OHV won't start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Briggs 14.5hp riding lawn mower that when you try to start the flywheel won't turn or will make a slow turn and pause then another slow turn and stop. I cleaned the ground cables, replaced the battery, carb, and spark plug. Trying to jump across the solenoid doesn't work either so its not...

Briggs 14.5 ohv won't run [ 5 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that has been running fine. Last week it shut off twice in the middle of cutting but started right back up. This week when I went to cut it started as normal ran for about twenty seconds and died won't start again. If I pour gas in the carb it will fire up, so I know...

View more questions Search