Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nervous Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 11:15 AM
    What type of mortar to set a tub?
    What type for mortar does one buy to set a plastic tub into to make it a bit more solid underfoot? This would be on top of a plywood subfloor.

Thanks
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Try reposting under...
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous
    What type for mortar does one buy to set a plastic tub into to make it a bit more solid underfoot? This would be on top of a plywood subfloor.

Thanks
    ... the Plumbing forum for more responses...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 31, 2005, 01:00 PM
    I doubt it makes much difference. If you are only doing one tub, go ahead with whatever you find cheap, perhaps concrete mix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior - caulk instead of mortar? [ 1 Answers ]

In some modern commercial construction, I've seen something that looks like caulk instead of mortar at some large joints. I need to replace the mortar on my front porch bluestone steps and was interested in trying this instead of traditional mortar. Does anyone know what this material is?

What type of mortar for setting a tub? [ 2 Answers ]

What type for mortar does one buy to set a plastic tub into to make it a bit more solid underfoot? This would be on top of a plywood subfloor. Thanks?

Mortar bed for a plastic tub? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the SOP for putting a simple mortar bed under a plastic tub? This unit does not require one ( a Sterling Ensemble 32") but someone recommended that for a firmer underfoot feel I should "throw down a sheet of plastic, mix up a bag of mortar and just set the tub on it". Does this sound...

View more questions Search