Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Recent Muslim holiday?
    Is there currently a celebration or holiday of some sort that started on Monday (or over the weekend)?

A couple girls at my school all of the sudden started to wear the head coverings, and I was just wondering.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpotatoeater37
    Is there currently a celebration or holiday of some sort that started on Monday (or over the weekend)?

A couple girls at my school all of the sudden started to wear the head coverings, and I was just wondering.
    Could it be that the muslim girls found out that it is a command of Allah to cover up properly...

I do not think there were any major celebrations which would be the two Eids celebrated each year. Mondays and thursdays are considered to be good days to observe fasting as far as I know.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Aug 7, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Thanks for your comment, but there was definitely a shift. I'm sure they were aware of Allah's commands (I had heard they were active members of the local mosque).
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpotatoeater37
    Thanks for your comment, but there was definitely a shift. I'm sure they were aware of Allah's commands (I had heard they were active members of the local mosque).
    Maybe you should ask them personally,
    There are some different sects/denominations of muslims, so maybe they had a celebration because of such an event from among their celebrations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changes in Muslim belief [ 13 Answers ]

The soul of Islam sprang from solitary Christian hermits, scattered here and there throughout the desert, consecrating their lives to God, and fleeing from the wrath to come. Even in pre-Islamic Arabic poetry we see how strong was the impression made on the Arab mind by the gaunt, weird men with...

Muslim girl... [ 8 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I am 22 years old girl.I have a lot of problems in my life,that simply made me a very depressed person who doesn't believe in anything even in myself.The reason beyond this depression is my parents.I won't say they are the worse,but all I can say that I was never happy in my life,and...

Holiday pay [ 2 Answers ]

If someone asks for vacation, can the company deny the employee to use it on the day they request? Example: I will be out for maternity leave and before returning would like to use vacation time to extend the time I am home. Can the employeer say that they can't give out the vacation or let...

Holiday dinners [ 8 Answers ]

I have relatives who frequently come to Thanksgiving + Xmas dinners each year. The questions is: Is it good manners or etiquette to bring (as an invited guest) your own tupperware containers to a dinner with the "assumption" that you will be filling them up and taking them back to your home to...

View more questions Search