Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Kicked out
    Ok, so this one confuses me. If you are under 18, and your parent(s) kick you out, and you leave because they don't want you in their house, do they have the right to call you in as a run-a-way juvinile? And if they do, what happens if you tell them that you were kicked out and have witnesses?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Hello kay:

Your parents cannot kick you out before you turn 18. If they did, they may be guilty of abuse.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 15, 2007, 08:00 AM
    I would see you have larger problems to deal with. Why would your parents kick you out in the first place? I think you need to enlist Family Services to get to the root of the problems.
    daisysmiles Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 08:04 AM
    18 Is The Legal Age, Nobody Can Turn Anyone In For Being A Runaway. My Advice Would Be To Move On And Start Planning Your Life And Try To Understand What Prompted This Fight. Parents Make Mistakes Too And Sometimes You Just Need To Take A Breather From Each Other. But Legally, 18 Means Your On Your Own If You Wish. Good Luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 08:14 AM
    If you are under 18 *( 17 in a couple states) a parent can not legally kick the child out, but if, on that what if, the parent says the ran away, the child will be treated as a run away. There will be a hearing in family court where all the evidence will be presented and the court will rule what is best for the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can she be kicked out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question. My sister and her boyfriend in of 7 years have bought a home together in Ohio through a bank a couple months ago. Both names are on loan and deed. They have 5 kids... 2 are hers and his, 3 are his and someone else's. Anyway he said he wants her and her kids out in 30...

Kicked out of high school. [ 6 Answers ]

My best friend got kicked out of high school in his last year before he was going to graduate... it pretty clear that he is unable to graduate this year... but what could he do as an high school alternative if there is such a thing? Please help

I don't know what to do about getting kicked out [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my rent I can't afford it I don't start my job till the 23rd my now I'm a couple months behind on rent I give the landlord as much money as I can when I can. I don't have rental agreement and he just told me yesterday that I have 3 days to give him $1000.00 or he's...

Roommate kicked her out [ 2 Answers ]

My daughters roommate told her to move out . So she did now she wants next months rent and won't give her her half of security deposit back . What can she do about this

View more questions Search