Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gibblets Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 03:57 AM
    "Taking It Slow" - What does it mean?
    Common advice here is always to take it slow. But slow can mean so many different things, depending on the persons involved, the situation, etc.

I wanted to start a discussion on what it means to take it slow, possibly with people contributing stories about their experiences with this common adage in their relationships. Maybe it'll help us all understand what it means.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 04:07 AM
    I'm very bad at taking it slow.

I'm trying to go very slowly in my current relationship, working so far.

For me, slow means going at a pace that is comfortable to both people (both slowly and quickly enough). Concentrating on having fun and the little things. I think good communication is required to make sure everything stays happy.

Going slowly gives more time for the relationship to develop. If you rush into things you often find yourself overwhelmed.

I hope this helped a little... I'm not entirely sure how to best reply :)
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Going slow means not rushing into anything! Keeping it casual and not to deep, making sure you have a complete life! Pretty much what the comment above said.

I.e. if I were to go back with my ex I would want to keep it slow. Meeting up for dates and getting to know each other as friends without 'sexual things' taking over or spending so much time togetha eek! Keeping that mystery is key.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Taking it slow for me means that it isn't all about one or other of the people involved, it's more about coming together at the right time on the right things.

When I say take it slow I mean allow the relationship to unfold at it's own pace.

More times than not, one or the other begins to get ahead of themselves and this makes the other person feel uncomfortable.

I believe going with the natural flow of the relationship allows everyone to find their place in the puzzle. And if you are very lucky the two puzzle pieces will finally come to interlock right next to each other.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 15, 2007, 04:34 AM
    "Taking it slow" means developing the relationship over time. I read a book by Dr. Paris Finner-Williams called, "Single Wisdom" that really opened my eyes to the importance of knowing yourbf/gf over a length of time. She recommmends that you know your bf/gf at least a year, so that you see that person in every season, to find out if that person changes personality, is stable, etc. There is so much to discover about the person before developing the sexual aspect of the relationship. How they treat others in different situations is just one example.

I guess "taking it slow" means taking the time now to find out all the good and not so good about a person. How many times have you heard someone say about their bf/gf, "I never knew" such and such about a person's personality? Also to take time and que into the clues you pick up and honestly review them, don't just bypass a trait or quirk but really deal with it now and not later.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 15, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Taking it slow is good. It just means don't act to keen even if you are. Just relax and when you have spare time spend it with her. Don't cut plans for her. Getting her pants around her ankles is very important. If you want a good sexual relationship you don't want to take to long to do this but at the same time don't look like you want to do this. I have found the best method was to take it easy but try and get into hr pants but you must do it in the right way. Seduce er a bit show her you want some but if its not from her then there areplenty of other out there. Don't do what these pople say and wait till you are both ready. That's Bull get her pants dopwn and show her your going to take care of the situation she will loveyou for it. Taking it slow can equal Being Busy if you what to go slow you must have other activities to take up your time cause in the end

Going quick = seeing her a lot

Going Slow = Not seeing her much

wich leads to her wanting to see you more = Her panties round her ankles = you Happy
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Taking is slow means do not suddenly give up your feelings for someone and don't assume that you know them based on outwardly appearances.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Going slow is letting things happen at their own pace and paying attention, as things go by you. Don't push it will move at its own pace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Word XP - Tab/ruler measurement is "ch". What is "ch"? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I'm actually an advanced Word user but I'm scratching my head over what seems to be a very basic (but frustrating) issue after recently installing Word XP/2002. :confused: Note: I'm in Australia so I use metric. If you're using inches, 1.27cm = 1/2 inch. Not that it matters! I've...

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search