Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgordon7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
    What are some natural and over the counter remedies for Wingworm?
    About 3 to 4 months ago, I had a "break-out" that seemingly started as a possible hairbump or pimple on the lower right-side area of the nape of my neck, behind my ear. A few years back I was diagnosed with excema; sometimes by accidentally scratching, a hairbump/pimple would turn into a small excema spot; well now, 3 to 4 months later, it has spread into a semi-large, circular rash. I tried cleaning the area 2 times a day with ethyl alcohol, and then thereafter applying elcon cream [0.1%] that was prescribed for my excema--the itching was somewhat soothed, but not enough; up until 2 days ago, I started using blue star ointment, since the combination of ethyl alcohol and the elcon cream [0.1%] only temporarily relieved the itching; the blue star ointment does seem to have a longer, soothing effect and the rash [wingworm] looks as if the center is breaking up and smoothig out--so, what do you think suggestion please?
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

May 20, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Well if it is a ringworm you can use lamsil over the counter in the athletes foot area it is all the same stuff and anit fungal and it should help, or hydrocortisone cream for the itching but I would try the lamsil first
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 08:29 AM
    For the ringworm you can go to your pharmacy and ask for anything that is anti-fungal suck as the lamisil or Lotrimin AF. You will have to use it for a while (usually about 4 weeks) to ensure that you have rid yourself of the fungus.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bgordon7
    about 3 to 4 months ago, i had a "break-out" that seemingly started out as a possible hairbump or pimple on the lower right-side area of the nape of my neck, behind my ear. a few years back i was diagnosed with excema; sometimes by accidentally scratching, a hairbump/pimple would turn into a small excema spot; well now, 3 to 4 months later, it has spreaded into a semi-large, circular rash. i tried cleaning the area 2 times a day with ethyl alcohol, and then thereafter applying elcon cream [0.1%] that was prescribed for my excema--the itching was somewhat soothed, but not enough; up until 2 days ago, i started using blue star ointment, since the combination of ethyl alcohol and the elcon cream [0.1%] only temporarily relieved the itching; the blue star ointment does seem to have a longer, soothing effect and the rash [wingworm] looks as if the the center is breaking up and smoothig out--so, what do you think suggestion please?
    You need to buy lotrimum ointment.(antifungal cream)the rash is a fungl infection,and is contagious,so wash your hands or it will spread.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Laugh at me if you want, you can cover it with nail polish and it will go away more quick. Personally did this, and I laughed at the person who told me.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 06:19 PM
    If I ever get it again, I will try that.
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    laugh at me if you want, you can cover it with nail polish and it will go away quicker. Personally did this, and I laughed at the person who told me.
    I thought that was for Chiggers
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Never used it for chiggers ( what exactly is a chigger ?)

I was told the reason it worked was it sealed the air away and the ringworm ( not a real worm of course) could not last without air.
    ** it does burn
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Chiggers

This does not help ringworm as ringworm is a fungus and needs antifungal meds to get rid of it.

From my understanding a chigger is a mite that buries under the skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any other remedies for Depression? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19. I am trying to find ways to help with my depression/anxiety. Its affecting me badly (for an undisclosed reason), and I need all the assistance I can get. I can't go to a doctor (my parents will think I've gone all psycotic or something) so...are there any herbal, theraputic drugs I...

Low H2O psi, remedies? [ 1 Answers ]

Holding tank alone, holding tank with pump, other solutions?? THanks

Counter-Strike [ 3 Answers ]

Ok does anyone know how to change your spray logo on Halflife: CounterStrike? If you know how please tell me..

View more questions Search