Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aclark1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I have a 3com router and I can get a strong wireless connection from my PC to my labtop, but I can't get on the internet. Is there something else I can do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2007, 02:56 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread. So I moved it to its own thread.

Have you tried purging your cache?
    Aeneas Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
    The connection is not really the problem with most of these cases, since your ip configuration and setup is different on your laptop than on your PC you might have to set it up by installing the router software. This is most definitely the case if you have set up a password and don't have a login on your laptop, for program I use Ralink, quite pleased with it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing USB connection to ethernet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a belkin wireless G router which doesn't work with my ntl broadband it got something to do with changing the USB connetion to ethernet can someone tell me how Please! Thank you

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

TZ Connection Boost [ 2 Answers ]

Does it work? Is there any hidden files I don't want in it? Viruses? Trojans? etc. Is it legal? Would this fix my ping in games?

Wireless Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I’m using Windows XP and I’m trying to connect to a Linksys wireless router (connection at 54Mbs). I keep on getting this error message (exclamation mark in a yellow triangle) that says “Limited Connectivity) Can anyone tell me all of the possible symptoms, cause, or problems and offer possible...

View more questions Search