Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flewky1311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    What Colour? Confused
    Im so confused! I want a hair colour that suits me, I dye my hair all the time. My natural hair colour is a medium brown which I have attached a picture. I now have a light gingery brown colour with bleach blonde bits in, including in my fringe, which I have also attached a picture of. I am pale skinned and every time I dye my hair some shade of brown it seems to turn a gingery brown. What colour is best for me?? Please help
    Attached Images

spyyder Posts: 35, Reputation: -2

May 14, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Probably very dark brown. But the beach blonde also looks good (I think it would look better if you get it all over).
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

May 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Actually, dark brown with a little red could be really interesting.

Or you could leave the gingery brown in on top and add a underneath layer of dark. (I always like how that turns out)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
    When choosing a hair color, you should choose a shade that's close to your natural color as possible. Hair color should also suit your skin tone. Light brown or dark blonde would look good on you. Remember that dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it, and if you apply an at-home color on your hair, it will result in red/ginger or orange shade. You should get it professionally done. A hairstylist may use an ash base color with a higher strength volume peroxide developer to achieve your desired color without the red/ginger tones.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 14, 2007, 11:11 PM
    It seems that you have light pink skin tone and I personally think you would look really great with a dark blonde/light brown ash color with beige highlights. Prettyladys last sentence would pretty much achieve this I would just add the highlights for a contrast. Here is something you may find helpful Hair 101: Hair Coloring: Choosing the correct color

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hand colour [ 3 Answers ]

My hands were looking much fairer before I came to this place.. now it is very dark... How can I improve this.. Is der ny creams so that I can use it daily

Eye colour [ 7 Answers ]

Can two blue eyed parents make a brown eyed child? And can two brown eyes make a blue eyed child?

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Need some help with hair colour. [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair about 8 weeks ago with loreal feria 3D colour ( No45 French Roast) Dark Golden Brown to get highlights out of my hair which worked fine but the colour has faded a little but hair is still quite browny/gingery, I wanted to know what colour I could use to tone down the redness as I'm...

Eye colour [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an interesting question for you, I have blue and brown eyes, the irises are brown in the middle around the pupils and the rest of the iris is light blue. I have been told that this is Heterochromia, is this correct? The colours are very distinct as the brown is just as evident as...

View more questions Search