Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phinneys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Can I sign my right to my kids to someone other than their father?
    I don't want to sign my rights to my kids to their father but the state won't let me have them over their father. What can I do?:
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Why won't they let you? What are the circumstances?
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 14, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Need more info for this one.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Thank you for the private message, I would prefare to answer on here if you don't mind, I think the more everybody knows the more help you will get as I do not have all the answers :-)
    From what you said, they would need proof, they wouldn't just take them away from you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Hello, no you can not sign over physcial custody to anyone else, esp if there is a father with joint or at least rights of a father.

If you did not want the children, and someone could prove both you and the father not fit, they may get custody, but if you don't want the children, and their father does, unless you can prove he is unfit, with as noted evidence that can be used in court. Not what you believe, or what you know, but what can you produce in court

It does sound from the one post that you need to provide a lot more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my unborn child'd father to sign his rights over [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure how this all works, but. I was dating this guy and a month into the relationship I ended up pregnant. When I was about 3 months pregnant we broke up. He declares that the baby is not his (even though it is) he doesn't believe me. He wants a DNA test done to see if it is and if it is...

Question about a father who wants to sign over his parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

I have a question about a fathers parental rights. Can a father request to the state to sign over his parental rights? I have a friend of mine that has a child that he has never seen - and lives in California while he lives here in Minnesota and pays child support. The mother refuses to allow...

Can a father sign rights over [ 15 Answers ]

My question is... can a father sign his rights over to the child's mother or does there have to be a third party involved for the biological father to sign his rights over to? In other words... my sister had a baby with a man who is not currently present in the child's life. She wants him to sign...

Father wants to sign over rights in FL [ 2 Answers ]

My son's father keeps threating to sign over his rights, he said he does not need my permission and I can't stop him. He only wants to do this because he has just gotten a job and now has to pay. We have not received anything from him in almost a year, can he really do this and can I do anything to...

How do I get the father of my children to sign over rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 23 and have 2 children by the same man. We have had an on/off relationship for the past 4 years. Recently We broke up for the last time when he hurt me physically for the first time. I would really like to get our lives on track and have a better life. I would perfer for him to not be in it. ...

View more questions Search