Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catalyst93 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Another semi- formal dress dilemma.
    Oh God. Well, I know I am one of countless people who have asked this, but my question still stands: I have no Idea what to wear to my semi- formal!! :confused: I am... umm... 5 ft. 4in. I have REALLY pale skin (like unnaturally, snow- white pale) and I have blue/gray eyes and hair that was once dark blonde but is now auburn. (the auburn comes from the sun. I had died my hair this dark chocolate brown, but the sun won out in the end. I can either re- dye it or strip the dye and go back to blonde) PLEASE HELP!! :)
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

May 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
    I REALLY don't mean to pry, but what body type are you? Body types can really screw up favorite dress styles :P

As far as color, I would go with something bold. Emerald green, deep magenta... Try to stay away from black or even very light pastels. AND NO TAN OR BEIGE (-colored dress). This will just accentuate the pale.

And don't feel ashamed of being pale. It's what makes you unique :D

Oh and I suggest Tea-length dresses. Dance floor + lots of people + floor length (and beyond) dress = ripped hems + the inability to move (haha) + possibly embarrassing moments.

May 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Thanks. I wouldn't go for a floor length dress anyway. Um well I don't really know how to describe my body type... well I am NOT very skinny, but I'm not exactly obese either. I don't really know. But I have a... butt... and it is not particularly small. I guess I would have to say curvy, but not very. I weigh (gulp) 118 lbs. So... I don't know.:confused:
    And I love my pale skin. It looks great with red lipstick;)

May 14, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Haha oh don't you worry. At 5'4", 118, you're not obese (or fat).

You really could get away with most everything. But don't go overboard! Remember: semi-formal (meaning no ball gowns- really... it's just not necessary)

What would you like to wear? That's the most important question.

May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I don't know what I am looking for. I am quite good at shopping for other people, but when it comes to myself, I lose my touch. ;)

May 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Hey, does anyone know if we can, like, chat with other users?

May 14, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Um... not live chat. But you can private message people.

May 14, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Thank you.

May 14, 2007, 05:43 PM
    You're welcome!

May 14, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Ok, another question: What neckline do you think would be best? I mean, I don't want to look trashy but I do want to have a good- looking dress- "big night" after all.

May 14, 2007, 06:12 PM
    If you have a large amount of cleavage, I would go with something that shows it off, but in a flattering way.

If you lack in the cleavage department, try to find necklines that make it appear that you have a little :)

And just to be completely clear - few people, no matter how pretty, can pull off the deep neck plunge.

Also, here are a few simple necklines.

May 14, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Thanks. I know my necklines, but I like the diagram. I might have to print it out and give it to my less knowledgeble friends... I wouldn't say I have a LOT of cleavage, but I'm not exactly lacking either. What do you recommend, o potato eater of fashion?

May 15, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Hahahahaha

Personally, I like the square and the queen anne. But that's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-formal [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to. Can you give me some examples? Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!

Is my dress semi formal? [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I am attending to this semi formal party in California and OMG I never been to a party before the first party I went to was a freak dirty dancing party and I was dresses like a church girl LOL... well anyway my dress is black silk, spagetti strap and blackish gold beeds around my dress and...

Semi formal [ 2 Answers ]

I feel kind of stupid but I have to go to a work party with my boyfriend and have to wear something semi formal but I don't know what semi formal is. What is semiformal?:eek:

I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips....

I need help finding a semi-formal dress [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to a semi-formal dance that my school has on February 12. They have one every year and this year I am a sophomore, so I know what to expect. Last year almost everyone wore black, but a few people wore brighter colors like red and light pink and they really stood out. Everyone that I have...

View more questions Search