Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

May 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Stupid birds.
    So, I'm driving along when suddenly, OUT OF NOWHERE, a bird dives in front of my car. As I slam on the brakes (there's no one behind me; don't you fret), I think to myself, "This is the 5th time this week..."

Why do birds do this? Are they "young" birds that just haven't built up their wing strength or are they just unaware of their surroundings (or what's entering their surroundings)?
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
    This has never happened to me but birds are pretty fast and smart also and most likely if you kept going you would not of hit him, maybe it looked that way but again birds are super fast and they may come close to hitting you but I don't think they actually will but I am not sure though it is possible.

May 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Well, I don't know... The robins around here are pretty fat haha

I mean, I have had some pretty close calls. One time, this bird started flying across my path which it would have made it if it hadn't have freaked out and doubled back. Then there are also those buggers that just hop across the road, especially at corners. I would give them more room on my right, but I can't in case a car wants to go the opposite way on the road. I'm so afraid I'll run the little guy over.

I know that birds are smart. I really do. But why do they get so stupid this time of year?

And I guess it's a harder question than I originally thought haha

But thanks for answering!
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

May 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
    The reason they get stupid at the time f year is due to a couple of factors,

The first is they will be after potential mates and the next is territory,

When the bird chooses his mate they will fight and dive and dodge any there males that are around to say " hey this is my mate get out of my space"

The cocks will then defend any nest sites he has and chase out stray cock birds that think they can try their luck,

The seasons of love for birds start around march for some and may for others and can last a while , quite ften they will have 2 nests f chicks before their breeding season is over :)
    Katie

May 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Wow! How interesting! Thank you so much!

Haha and I promise I'll try not to steal any mates :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birds [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right category but here goes. I had a bird in my basement yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas hw it might have gotten in there? I was wondering if birds will crawl through holes and how big of a hole? Thanks

Birds moved in [ 6 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a micro-hood over my range which vents outside. I've discovered some birds have moved in through that vent opening and have built a nest right where the venting starts at the microwave. At least that's where the sounds are coming from. What can I do? Thanks.

Birds [ 8 Answers ]

What do birds never do on the ground?

View more questions Search