Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Dead pages?
    If I add pages to my favourites, after about three days its like it will go dead like a dead link,as in if I go into faves,then find the site I want and click on it nothing at all happens, I have to Google the page and re add it,then it goes OK for a few days then happens again, its not just one page, its all of them. What am I doing wrong?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 12:23 PM
    What windows version? Update your IE to 7 and is this dial up or cable?

More info needed, it's probably an error with Internet Explorer directly. Also, try Firefox

May 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Sorry I didn't think to include that info... im already on IE 7, my laptop is running on windows xp, I'm on oarange wireless.
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 01:09 PM
    It could be the connection or IE again, try downloading mozilla Firefox and see if it still happens.

May 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Hi again, I don't really want to get Firefox as I don't know much about computers at all and I don't want to mess anything up.if I have to get it to sort it out I will but I prefare IE 7,if possible..
    I got rid of IE 7 and reinstalled it and it still happens.. I took a screen shot of the problem, a pop up box comes up...

I went to properties and nothing comes up, I'm lost as it has never happened on my old desktp, my old laptop, only this new one..
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2007, 08:25 AM
    It looks like the shortcuts are pointing to nothing, when you place your cursor over the shortcut does a popup come up with the website address the shortcut is supposed to go to?

May 17, 2007, 09:03 AM
    I just looked and no it doesn't... I don't understand though as when I first save it it does work then after a few days it goes like this, if I go to the page and resave it it works again,the dies again
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Have you done a spyware and virus scan?

May 17, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Yes I have, didn't fix it

May 17, 2007, 11:15 AM
    I have just been on the phone with the tech guys and they told me they had never heard of this before, they told me to do a factory reset because they think it's a problem with windows itself, it means I got this laptop on the 8th of may and now I have to loose everything off it for nothing, grrr
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Have you tried doing a System Restore back to before it happened?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Also make sure your system is FULLY patched.
    May be an undocumented feature of Internet Explorer.
    Admittedly I have necer come across this issue before.
    Failing that go and get Firefox, a superior web browser.

May 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
    To update, I got Firefox and it seems to be working fine up to now, I will give it a few days and if it happens again I will take it back, thank you all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Web Pages [ 1 Answers ]

Whem I click on an icon on my desk top the web page comes up in the small size. I would like to know how to make it come up in the large size

Web pages [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently reverted back to standard internet explorer and find that some web pages are not displayed properly i.e.. My login slots are hidden below the displayed page and various images that should show do not. Help:confused:

Web pages [ 3 Answers ]

None of my web pages are opening up properly its loading up so far and then saying done. Even if I hit refresh the page still won't load... any help would be helpful!

Pps pages [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for humor on the web. Does anyone know of a funny pps page Thank you in advance mdomino

View more questions Search