Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laddad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Care of Juniper plants
    The juniper shrubs in my yard are becoming more brown each year. The ends of the needles are green but closer to the base of the plant they are brown. There is a large Austrian pine tree which towers over them and the ground is covered with large pine needles from the tree. What should I do to improve and maintain the grren color of the junipers?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
    It takes a lot to destroy junipers, but they are best on their own, out in the open. I don't think you can deal with that large pine tree, but I would suggest raking the pine needles from time to time and giving those junipers lots of water, they are probably being leeched by the pine tree.

By the way, the juniper berries that appear are really great as a spice for pork (when dried); two or three when baking pork adds a nice touch. Juniper berries are the major flavour in gin by the way.
    vinjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 10:22 PM
    The juniper in my yard has been growing nicely for the last 4 years . This year it is dying from the top down . It has dried up about 1/3 . We have given it food and water but doesn't seem to be coming back . What else can I do to save it ?
    vinjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vinjo View Post
    The juniper in my yard has been growing nicely for the last 4 years . This year it is dying from the top down . It has dried up about 1/3 . we have given it food and water but doesn't seem to be coming back . What else can i do to save it ?
    Do I snip off the dead leaves and branches or leave as is for now . We have white rock around it which also has been there when we planted the juniper . What can you suggest to save it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to plant in direct sun under a window [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good plant to plant in the south west corner of a home under a window

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

House plants [ 3 Answers ]

When watering houseplants should you wet the leaves?

Juniper Shrubs [ 2 Answers ]

When is the best time to prune Juniper shrubs. Is early spring to late?

Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Why have flowering plants been so successful in surviving in a variety of habitats?

View more questions Search