Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krystyna_32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Marrying a felon
    I am a marine and would like to know if there are any implications if I marry a felon, and would that affect my security clearance?
    zanettap Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystyna_32
    I am a marine and would like to know if there are any implications if i marry a felon, and would that affect my security clearance?
    I'm sure you have heard of the don't ask, don't tell policy. This will definitely effect your career and clearance, if there is proof of same sex relationship. Marriage will give them all the evidence they need. Keep it on the DL until you ETS.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I didn't read anything about this being same sex...

But, true enough, if they don't know your marrying an ex felon it can't affect you. I think your expected to notify them though, and I've heard that yes it does affect your security clearance level, but this is only what I've heard. You might want to ask a supervisor.
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 14, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krystyna_32
    I am a marine and would like to know if there are any implications if i marry a felon, and would that affect my security clearance?
    Holding a TS clearance, I can tell you it is always best to keep everything in the open. When they do the re-investigation (every 5 years for TS and every 10 for S) they will find out. The best thing for you to do is talk your command security officer. It is your clearance not your spouses. When you keep everything in the open it is fine, it is when you appear to hide things they get concerned.

Keeping silent is not good advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marrying a foreign [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm couirse about marrying someone from South America, since I'm a U.S. citizen. If I marry a South America, she becomes a citizen and can come home with me?

EU marrying a russian [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an EU citizen, with a full British passport. I currently live in Denmark. I have met, am in love with and wish to marry a russian who is in Denmark on a special work permit. He is here only on this basis. I want to know what implications there are to him in relation to passports etc, if we...

Marrying a US citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a requirement in marrying a u.s citizen? Were planning to marry outside the u.s is there a requirements for my fiancé to marry me here at the philippines?

H1 marrying a F1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1 visa and have married a student, who is on F1. She has a job with her university and have made salary reported on W-2. I work in another state and she is studying in another state. I am thinking of filing as married filing jointly for my federal return. Please advice, what status...

View more questions Search