Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xunsinkablex Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

May 13, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Bra with dress?
    I bought a halter dress, and I love it, but I don't want to not wear a bra with it. That's really uncomfortable to me, so I was wondering... what kind of bra can I wear with a v-neck halter dress?
    Thanks!

Oh, by the way, its kind of low-cut. You can see it here: Torrid.com - Plus sizes - Product Details Page - Red Gingham Trim Halter Dress)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Gravity is not your friend as you get older, so wear a good supportive bra that works with the outfit.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Personally, I don't wear a bra when I wear a halter dress. If you feel uncomfortable not wearing a bra, you can wear a strapless bra or halter bra beneath your halter dress.
    Catalyst93 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2007, 02:16 PM
    First off, that is a very cute dress. I would say to wear either a strappless bra or one that converts to a halter. You can also get a bra for plunge necklines, but I don't think that is necessary.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 1, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Strapless bra is the way to go:D
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
    There are bra's made to go with your halter dress. All you have to do is go to a store that sells bras only.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I saw some stick on bras at Target the other day and wondered if they were any good. There were several convertible strap bras there, too.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Stick ons are good if your boobies are small and the same size
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 05:09 PM
    If you have a large bust going braless might not be very flattering, and a strapless might not provide you the support you need. I have a friend who is quite busty who has these problems. Victoria's Secret sells a really nice convertible bra that does the halter-style, as well as traditional. I don't think the dress would be too low cut for it. Could you look for a corest-style undergarment with boning to give you additional support?
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 5, 2007, 07:18 PM
    STRAPPLESS Won't WORK

If it is a low low V neck then a normal strapless bra WILL NOT WORK! And if it does do you really want to have to be adjusting it all night?? / HELL NO!! I have a bra that works miracles!

Go to maceys.com then in the search tab enter "bra" hit go and then it's on page 2 Titled "Fashion Forms U Plunge Bra" It might look uncomfortable but it's really quite comfortable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bra That Fits [ 4 Answers ]

I currently wear a 40DDD bra, which I know totally doesn't fit me, so I got re-measured and they said I'm a 38I. Ok, they don't sell those in stores, so I searched online for bigger bras and ordered a 38I. It seemed too small, so I ordered a bigger one... too big! :mad: Does anyone have...

A good bra? [ 8 Answers ]

This might not be the right place to ask this - but please, any 'fluffy' women out there, where do you find a comfortable bra?? I am working on weight loss and I need to lose a lot of weight. But after nursing 5 children and with this weight, I'm approx. 48DD, but it's all sag. I could roll my...

Clear bra [ 1 Answers ]

Hello pretty lady, I thought since you are a model you could help me with this, I am looking for clear back bra, I do not want to wear the one you put on the breasts, I want to add padding that is why I need to wear a full bra and then insert the silicon , my dress is backless Thank you for your...

Bra sisez [ 3 Answers ]

Are women's bra sizes different than children's?if so, HOW?

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search