Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
    47 Can't seem to pull it together
    I am 47 wife, mother, work outside the home. I can't seem to complete my daily chores. It's hard to stay focused. I have taken Lexapro for 5 yrs. Menopause symptoms seem to be sevre. What type of over the counter or prescription seems to work to be able to get back to who I used to be?
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Although I am only 28, I can see a change in my own energy level vs 22. I think as we get older, our whole body and energy level changes, unless you are an athlete.

I would suggest talking to your doctor about all this. I have heard the menopause is a life changing experience, literally! But maybe your doctor would have better suggestions than me and can help you get your life back on track. Just remember not to be too hard on yourself during this time, it is a phase that will pass, hopefully.

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 15, 2007, 09:52 PM
    What works for someone else may not work for another person. You really should talk to your doctor for prescription advise. Discuss what problems you are having and together come up with what will work best for you.
    spikerbiker Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 23, 2007, 07:34 PM
    I agree with AW805. Talk to your doctor and perhaps try a different medication. Lexapro did not work well for me. In fact I think it made me more tired and gain weight.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 23, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Let me see, you are a full time wife, a full time Mom, and a full time homemaker, and work outside the home too. I can see why cannot seem to get all your chores done. How many different job functions can one person have and still hold it all together? Top that off with menopause. No wonder you are are having trouble focusing.

You really do need to go back to your doctor and get a good complete physical. Explain everything you have said here and don't leave until you have some answers or at least getting on the path to the answers. Ask about the Lexapro and if your doage should be revised. It should at least be reviewed. Maybe there is something out there that would be better for you. I would hesitate to take some otc treatment - you do not know how it would affect the Lexapro.

Do you have help at home? Or are you expected to be SuperWoman? Have you considered some counseling for your own emotional health? You are dealing with so much stress.

I truly hope you get the answers and help you need. You sound overwhelmed and exhausted. No wonder, with all you are trying to accomplish. Hugs to you and wishing you the very best.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

May 24, 2007, 06:09 AM
    I had a similar problem with lack of energy and feeling so tired. My problem was restless leg syndrome. I didn't realize that I wasn't sleeping at night so during the day I was dragging. This was a simple fix with the right medication I felt better within a few days and can accomplish so much more. I agree with the above posts. You need to see your doctor and see if there is a medical reason for your lack of energy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull cord won't pull on Murray 2.0 mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Murray/Briggs 6.0 engine mower and the pull cord is sticking. It will stop after pulling about 4 inches. Then if I jiggle the pull cord it will extend another 4 inches. I can see a plastic piece that seems to be stopping it at every four inches. What is causing this and what is the repair...

Pull string mower [ 1 Answers ]

My mower pull string want pull out only about 3"4" inch and therefore I can't start my mower due to the fact

How to fix a Pull start, Won't pull out! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 49cc Mini Dirt Bike. It has a pull start engine, just like a lawn mower. However, I went to pull the cord as usual, and the cord just won't pull out! I don't know what it is, but I try and pull it as hard as I can, and it only comes out about 4 inches! I need help! Thanks!:)

Pull switch [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know how to replace the cord in a pull switch? Thanks

Pull Rope will not pull [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B&S Troy-bilt that I bought in April. I have used 3 times. On the 4th time the mower was working. It suddenly died. I assumed it was low on gas. I added gas and the pull rope will not pull. I am not sure how to fix any ideas.

View more questions Search