Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost in my little head Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Girl with Commitment fears
    I like this guy and could possibly like me too but I have relationship fears like commitment. So I have decided that I need help to get over my fear of commitment in order to enter a physical and emotional relationship with a man. I am a 16 year old girl who is striving for independence from my parents and don't want to get into anything that would take away the little independence I have now. So I would like to know how to get over this fear?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
    You're only 16 years old. I think you're moving way too fast and will just be getting in over your head. You shouldn't want or need to be independent from your parents yet. Commitment issues should be the farthest thing from your mind right now. If you truly want to become independent from your parents then stay in school, go to college and get a good education and acquire a skill, followed by a good job. Stay unmarried and you'll have your independence. Otherwise you'll just be going from the frying pan into the fire ; independent from you parents maybe but dependent on a man so what's the difference?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Interviewing Fears [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in retail management for over 7yrs, I am now looking for a job and of course Going on interviews. I fear them so much, because I don't do a good job at articulating my Skills an abilities, I am confident in my abilities and feel I can manage any establishment. I feel that my lack of...

My fears are getting in the way of me of having my crush [ 3 Answers ]

So here is the scoop. I have never really dated before and have liked this guy for a while. I am pretty positive that he likes me too. I have given him signals and then he pursued but then I just shut down. I can't even look at him in the eyes and when I am around him I feel like I am holding my...

My 5yr old fears public toliets [ 2 Answers ]

My 5 nearly 6yr old daughter has a fear of public toilets. When ever we go out and my daughter needs to go to the toilet, she checks to see if there is any holes in the pan or if the seat is different, she always looks right down the toilet and often she won't go saying she doesn't like it and she...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

View more questions Search