Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OhSweetJesus Posts: 22, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 5, 2005, 09:05 AM
    :confused: Please tell me if someone simply states what they believe how is that forcing your beliefs?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
    When you argue with someone over and over and continuously think your way is the one and only right way, you are trying to force people to believe your way is the only way.

That is not right. I have my beliefs, which I choose to keep to myself, but if you knew them you would bash me and my beliefs like you have begun to do to so many here already.

Just because I may choose to believe differently than you does not make what I believe in wrong.

A good debate is nice once in a while, but telling people that your way is the only way is totally unacceptable and rude.

I was raised to keep my religion and my politics to myself, and it has worked very well for me.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:07 PM
    I am hardly bashing nor am I arguing with anyone.. you have taken things way out of context. People can believe what ever that want.. but if it isn't about Jesus it isn't right... point blank The bible is right.. maybe I actually know what I believe maybe that is my problem. Oh well I say my peace and that is that. I know the truth and I know I am not alone.
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSweetJesus
    but if it isnt about Jesus it isnt right... point blank The bible is right..
    My point EXACTLY!!

So Judiasm is not right because they do not follow the Bible?

They are wrong for being born Jewish?

Muslums are wrong because they believe in the Kuran?

Are they wrong for being born Muslum?

I recommend you take a course in World Religions. It would certainly open your eyes to the world at large.
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

May 13, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Well your first point was right on, you are NOT "forcing your beliefs" when you say what they are.

Your second post is contradictory, "people can believe what ever [they] want... but if it isn't about Jesus it isn't right... point blank The bible is right."
    You say that you are tolerant of other people's beliefs and opinions but then you say if it isn't what YOU personally believe in, Jesus, then that makes their beliefs null and void.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Please understand, you are coming here as a new member and I have received more complaints on you than I have spammers and people posting obscene material because of your attitude and your constant use of the "disagree" buttom, You should state your beleifs, perhaps using bible verses, but again, others can use bible verses to show their point of view. Remember all christian beliefs are based off a bible verse or teaching, even those that are opposite

No one is asking you to change your view points, only respect those that have other beliefs, since they are also all based on the bible. And they are just as sure as you are that they are right and you are wrong.

So you know the truth, so does the other members who have a different idea, they know that their teaching is also the truth, you need to come to grasp with that, if you study comparison religion you will find that many opposite beliefs are all bible based

So if you are truly a Christian, you will understand that Jesus did not go in and put down anyone for their belief, he merely lived and expressed his teachings,

We want you to be a happy part of our family ( as disfuntional as it is) and we can share beleifs, some will learn from you, and you may well learn some other bibie teachings you were not aware of. No one stops learning.
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Please let us all remember that the Bible is open for interpretation. What one may see out of a particular verse, someone else may see and understand something completely and entirely different.

That does not make one person right and the other wrong, it just means that we all see things differently.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:25 PM
    What I say is how I feel I never said any one people or any one religion. If you have a problem with Jesus that's you. I never pointed any fingers at anyone. I said that I (key word) Believe in Jesus and I know what he is all about. Yes he is the only way... if you can't or won't accept that its your problem. I don't appreciate being told that I am bashing I am absolutely not! I am telling what I know and believe to be the truth if you can't accept it fine! Don't tell me I am bashing or forcing anyone to believe anything. You can't force anyone to do anything.. I mean really get a grip.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Please understand, you are comming here as a new member and I have recieved more complaints on you than I have spammers and people posting obscene material because of your attitude and your constant use of the "disagree" buttom, You should state your beleifs, perhaps using bible verses, but again, others can use bible verses to show thier point of view. Remember all christian beliefs are based off of a bible verse or teaching, even those that are opposite

No one is asking you to change your view points, only respect those that have other beliefs, since they are also all based on the bible. And they are just as sure as you are that they are right and you are wrong.

so you know the truth, so does the other members who have a different idea, they know that their teaching is also the truth, you need to come to grasp with that, if you study comparison religion you will find that many opposite beliefs are all bible based

So if you are truly a Christian, you will understand that Jesus did not go in and put down anyone for thier beleif, he merely lived and expressed his teachings,

We want you to be a happy part of our family ( as disfuntional as it is) and we can share beleifs, some will learn from you, and you may well learn some other bibie teachings you were not aware of. No one stops learning.
    You need to get a grip.
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
    So you are saying that any religion except your is not the way? I did not put those words in your mouth you said it. Here, I'll show you:

he is the only way
    Girl, take a world religion class, you need to know that there are others who are just as passionate about their beliefs as you are, but they believe differently than you do.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 13, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Right then, Caresse.
    Listen up and listen good !

With an attitude like that you are highly unlikely to last long at this site.
    TOLERANCE of others beliefs and ideals is something that AMHD prides itself on.

Now you are free to express your own beliefs in any way you want, but when you start to belittle other members because they disagree with you, then you have over stepped the line.

This type of activity WILL cease NOW.

This is your FINAL WARNING on this subject.
    Action will follow if you continue posting in this fashion and retribution will be swift.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
    I haven't belittled anyone
    BossMan

May 13, 2007, 12:34 PM
    FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by belittle
    1. To represent or speak of as contemptibly small or unimportant; disparage: a person who belittled our efforts to do the job right.
    2. To cause to seem less than another or little: The size of the office tower belittles the surrounding buildings. See Synonyms at decry.
    Enough said
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 12:36 PM
    You need to get a grip.
    Another good christian treating people with respect.

Not.

So now are you going to tell me the bible is wrong?
    It sometimes is.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Another good christian treating people with respect.

Not.

It sometimes is.
    SHow me one time that it is wrong..
    BossMan

May 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Really go back to your post #9 where you DISRESPECT Fr_Chuck.
    Not only one of the sites most senior members, but a man of the cloth!

Also The Bible is one of the most well read works of Fiction there is.
    The stories may have been based on fact at one time but after generations of being retold, by word of mouth, they have lost that fact and become merely a story.
    -

May 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
    A man of the cloth? He does need to get a grip... He kept on having an issue with what I believe... I don't agree with his sugar coating and him thinking he knows everything that is not so not saying I know everything... nor will I be told I am bashing so far from the truth. If I want to express what I know and believe to be the truth he should allow me that right. Like I said I am not bashing belittling or forcing anything on anyone.. I say what I know and believe with authority becaue I know Jesus is real in my life. I will share what I have experienced with anyone...
    BossMan

May 13, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Jesus may be "real" in your life but this doesn't give you the "right" to tell others that they are wrong for believing anything else.
    Point in fact is your post, quoted by J_9, #3.
    -

May 13, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Jesus may be "real" in your life but this doesn't give you the "right" to tell others that they are wrong for believing anything else.
    Point in fact is your post, quoted by J_9, #3.
    Yea sure... who gives you the right to tell me anything.
    BossMan

May 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Hmm I wonder.
    Could it be because that I am an ADMINISTRATOR of this site and as such charged with up holding the Rules and ensuring the smooth operation of said site?
    Who would be the site OWNER !

You are showing a serious amount of negative attitude for someone so young.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

What are the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses [ 7 Answers ]

What are the beliefs of Jahova Witness that distiguish it from other denominations? Why can't they give gifts but they can receive gifts? Thanks Penny Princess

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

Changing beliefs [ 26 Answers ]

I am 26 and Jewish. I was raised partially by my family but mostly in several foster homes, with each one being of a different religious persuasion. First I was in a home where I went to a Chabad school (orthodox jews). In this home, we prayed and studied the torah every day, kept glatt kosher, I...

View more questions Search