Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cattus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 11:48 AM
    2 Kittens Dead Unknown Cause
    HELP! My Cat has recently had her 2nd litter, she had her first litter no problems. A Tom got to her before got her spayed. We kept a Kitten from the first litter. We had a lot of trouble keeping it away from Mum. We moved house & things seemed fine the cats settled in. Mumma Cat vanishes. I find her 8 hrs later stuck in the fork of a tree. I got her out - belling bulging! But fine again. 3 days later she's out & vanishes for 5 days. We did think that perhaps she wanted to find a safe spot. But eventually she comes back after days of calling. I bring her inside, she smells TERRIBLE. She is in Labour - VERY skinny, sooooo skinny that I thought she had the kittens. By noon the next day we have 6 kittens. One more than last time. At about 3 weeks, 1 dies, another at 4 weeks. At first the seem to be just tired, sluggish. Then the back arches, they are still alive & breathing - Sort of sticks there. I can't do anything. I have NO IDEA What's up! Now ANOTHER ONE isn't looking good. HELP PLEASE!
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

May 13, 2007, 12:03 PM
    If she was stuck in the tree before she had the babies she might have had her stomach pressed to hard against the tree and that might have caused damage to your kittens. Please seek veterinary help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 12:22 PM
    I have no idea but just want to let you know how sorry I am, I know this is so hard to deal with
    faithnsar Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
    It is possible the kittens are suffering if the cat became anemic while she was out. If they don't have the necessary nutrients, they will not survive. I went through this with a dog I rescued while she was pregnant. We lost 6 out of the 7 puppies. Go to a vet if you can. Good luck!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 17, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Vet, vet, vet, vet, vet, vet, can't say it enough!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing The Dead [ 35 Answers ]

Hi , I'm 15 , recently been very ill for 4 weeks with bad headaches , since I've been ill I've started seeing people , weird strange people , lately I've noticed these people are dead since I saw my uncle who passed away a year ago , This also happened when I was about 7 , my parents thought I...

Dead Riddle [ 43 Answers ]

Okay, you here is a riddle for you Dan and Maria lay on the ground dead,surrounded by broken glass,blood and water on the street in front of an apartment building.The room they fell from is on the 27th floor.How is this possible??

Seeing dead? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm quite new to this, I'm going through a pretty hard time at the moment, one of my Aunty's son's died at the weekend, I'm pretty close to her. I went to see her and behind her, at a glance, I saw this man standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. When I got home I mentioned...

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

Battery goes dead [ 1 Answers ]

My battery goes dead over night when I leave the + wire on checked over all wires can't find anything the battery works fine in my other truck can leave it for a week no problems can't figure this one out

View more questions Search