Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yyoucando Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
    12.5 BS Won't start
    Hey , I picked up a Craftsman riding lawn mower with a 12.5 hp BS . I have went through the carb ,replaced the float due to trash in the bowl,inline fuel filter ,and cleaned out the feul tank . It is getting fuel ,and creates a small backfire when turning over ,but will not start . I had replaced the spark plug ,and new battery . For something I thought was going to be easy ,it has turned out to be a nightmare . I check the voltage from the sparkplug wire while turning the motor over ,and it was just over 9volts. I am doing this while the seat is removed . THERE WAS A PLUG GOING TO THE SEAT THAT I DID UNPLUG .Is this a kill switch that would prevent it from starting?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

May 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Yes, the seat switch is a safety interlock which will prevent starting, there should also be one on the clutch pedal (must be depressed) and possibly mower deck engaged lever. If you are attempting to remove these safety interlocks you can not do it by simply unplugging them.

Morrowrj
    yyoucando Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Thanks ,I will check all , but I also found another problem . I did the finger test in the spak plug hole ,and found that I have no compression. Looks like I will be getting deeper into this than what I thought I would have to .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

To start over [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a PC from my parents. They used it. I want to erase the hard drives there are two and reinstall windows xp. How do I go about doing this? Will I need the cd for video cards etc?

96 t/c Will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 96 t/c that will not start and it sounds like the fuel pump is not kicking on.Do I need to drop the gas tank to take out the old one or is it somewere else. And does this have a reset switch on it if so where is it.Or should I replace my fuel filter.

XP won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on the following would be appreciated. Basically XP won't load up in either normal, or safe mode. It gets as far as that XP logo with the black background and sits there. The blue line in that loading bar at the bottom still moves, and the hard drive light blinks on and off...

View more questions Search