Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mishka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Toy in Toilet
    My little daughter dropped a plastic hair clip in the toilet and the toilet has not flushed well since - very slow. Have tried plunger and pushed a snake all the way through the house - flushed OK once pack to draining really really slow - What are my options?:(
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishka
    My little daughter dropped a plastic hair clip in the toilet and the toilet has not flushed well since - very slow. Have tried plunger and pushed a snake all the way throught the house - flushed ok once pack to draining really really slow - What are my options?:(
    It sounds like you may need to pull the toilet and visually inspect the underside to make sure the object isn't lodged in the trap of the toilet.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishka
    My little daughter dropped a plastic hair clip in the toilet and the toilet has not flushed well since - very slow. Have tried plunger and pushed a snake all the way throught the house - flushed ok once pack to draining really really slow - What are my options?:(
    Growler's correct. You may have to pull the toilet and fish the toy out from the bottom but before you do that let's check to see if it went Pulling a toilet and going into the bottom to clear a obstruction is a dirty messy job best left to us dirty messy plumbers.
    If you have used a closet auger on it and it's still clogged, chances are you will find it in the bend of the trap in the bowl. Turn off the water at the angle stop. Sponge out the tank and bowl. Remove the closet bolts and lift straight up. Have a piece of cardboard to set it on. Now tilt it over on its side. Careful, you still have about a gallon of water left in the trap. Now take a coathanger, put a hook in it and go fishing up the bottom to see if you can hook the ,toy or whatevers caught up there. All you will need to reset the stool is a new wax seal. Good luck, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 06:14 AM
    There is another way. Before you pull the toilet, try using a wetvac to pull the water back quickly. This will sometimes pull the toy back with the momentum of the water. Also try the auger with no water in the bowl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know the name of this toy? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what the name of this old toy was called: I had one in about the late 80's/early 90's (can't remember). It was a big plastic dog that sat upright but it had soft ears (like terry cloth or something). You'd take it in the bath tub (or pool) and it had...

A toy from my childhood [ 18 Answers ]

I need help figuring out what the name of a toy I played with I was young. It was kind of an outdoor activity. I used to have a box full of pipes.. white plastic pipes and at the ends of them were little connectors so different pipes fit on the ends of others. There was all different shapes and...

I need to know the name of this toy! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so here it goes. I have a toy that is a pink poodle. It has little pink icecream cones on its belly, bottom of feel, and inside of the ears. It has a glittery nose and little tiny strips of shinny thing in the fur of the face. It HEAD STILL SMELLS! I have had it since I was little and I...

Plastic Toy down toilet [ 4 Answers ]

My darling 3 year old flushed a plastic turkey down the toilet a few hours ago. What are my chances of retrieving it? Is it even worth the hassle of removing the toilet and searching or is it gone forever? The toy is part of a Little People set that we've owned for less than 24 hours and...

Guess whose got a new toy [ 15 Answers ]

:D :D :D :D :D :D Now all I have to do is work out how to use it. So what arrived in a nondescript brown box for me this afternoon ?

View more questions Search