Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dennis Paulison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:34 AM
    1995 z34 electrical problems
    I have a 1995 Monte Carlo z34. I have installed a new battery and alternator but the battery will still die out while the engine is running. I placed a meter on the battery and watched it initially draw a charge when it reached 10.5 volts. It would charge up to 12.3 volts and then begin discharging again. This was normal and went on for about 20 minutes of run time and then it would simply die off to 9.3 volts and the engine would stall. I let the car sit for an hour, started it, and went through this all over again. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

May 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Sounds like you are not charging at all. A properly functionaing alternator should yield you something in the neighboorhood of 14.5volts. In you case I would check wiring connectings on alternator, and possibly take a voltage reading right on the connection there. If you don't see about 14.5 here and your belt is not slipping I would suspect a defective laternator.
    Note: not all "new" alternators are good; and a completely dead battery can kill a good alternator.
    Good Luck,
    Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1995 98 does not have any power. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 OLDS. When I push on the gas from a complete stop it take my car about 6 sec. to get up power. And that's if I floor it. Once I get up to 25mph I have to let up off the gas and start tapping the gas so it will slowly it up to 38mph. SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BEABLE TO TAKE MY CAR...

94 civic electrical problems [ 3 Answers ]

My dash is not working, odometer,speedometer speed,fuel,turning signals,and temperature gauge are all out. Before it went out speedometer use to go bezerk while driving like 30-120-40-0-70 etc. could this be a fuse or electrical wiring gone bad. I have a 94 civic dx cpe with about 213 thousand...

Oxygen Sensor for 1995 Honda Civic - Problems [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have a 1995 Honda Civic LX, with about 120, 000 miles on it. I was experiencing somewhat lower gas mileage and some loss of power (especially on hills) for a while, when my 'Check Engine' light came on and stayed on about 1-2000 miles ago. Checked code, and it pointed to the Oxygen Sensor...

Electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my flashers on my temperature gauge goes to hot. And whem bright lights on the turn signals lights come on and when using turn signals the light blinks in opposite direction.plez help

95 Civic DX 2 electrical problems. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 problems with my 95 Civic DX: 1: I jumpstart my car and it starts right up. When I turn off the car, an hour later the battery dies. I have charged it up full and something is draining it. Nothing is left on. Maybe I need a new battery? 2: I have projector headlights that keep...

View more questions Search