Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlenfert Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Difference between PC100 RAM and PC2100 RAM
    I was wondering what would happen if I put 512MB of DIMM PC2100 RAM in a Compaq laptop that calls for MB of DIMM PC100 RAM? I have the PC2100 RAM already and was wondering if it would be a big problem if the PC speed numbers didn't match up? Would the computer not run at all? It is real slow right now and I am wanting to upgrade RAM and I already have this PC2100 RAM laying around at home ready to be used. What do you think. Can somebody tell me the difference and the importance of the PC100 versus PC2100? Thanks
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 12, 2007, 11:48 PM
    PC 100 is SDRAM which was the older version of RAM and PC2100 is DDRAM which is the latest version of RAM. Some Mohtherboards will be compatible for all types of RAM but I am not sure if your Motherboard and processor will be able to run on DDRAM. You can still try.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

May 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Howdy:

They are two entirely different breeds of ram and don't stand a snowball's chance in h3ll of working.

Plain enough? :)

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ram [ 2 Answers ]

I am intending to buy an Intel 915G Mother Board. I already have an old 512MB 266MHz DDR RAM and I have recently bought a new 512MB 400MHz DDR RAM. Can I install and use both the RAMs together in the Mother Board?

Ram [ 3 Answers ]

how would I know what kind of ram to buy how can I find that out I don't know what ddr is or other things about ram I should buy I ask this because I don't want to waste money on something that isent compatible or not work because I'm going to buy some ram used its 2x512 sticks this is what the ad...

Help regarding my SD RAM! [ 11 Answers ]

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, Well guys! A little problem with my PC.. Well, I just bought a 512 SDRAM and after connecting it to my MOTHERBOARD it detected as 256 MB.. :eek: Sick man! :( Some problem with the motherboard or compatibility.. WIll it resolve out if I update the BIOS? Kindly...

Old Ram and New Ram [ 1 Answers ]

I recently upgraded from old 64mb of RAM to a newer 256mb of RAM. Can I run both of them together or is it only possible to run one type? I put the 256mb in and left the old 64mb's out and it seems to be running fine now. I have a 750Ghz Pent.II with 30 Gb of HD, 8x CD, and running Windows 98. ...

Ram [ 4 Answers ]

I have an ibm aptiva 486dx2 which I am upgrading. I have added a faster cd drive and a 3 gig hard drive. I now want to put a win 98 operating system on to it, and get the message that I need at least 16 mb ram it presently has 8mb. I have bought 2 x 16 mb of edo ram chips but when I put them in I...

View more questions Search