Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    healthy_Moon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Does Adipex work
    Hello, I am a 36 yo male who have been really active in the past but recently I have not been able to exercise as much, my wife just had a baby and I used the myth of gaining her baby fat. I am 5'9" 217lbs this is the most I have weight in my life. I am now trying to lose about 25-30lbs but as I got older this is really hard to do. I used to lose weight very fast when I was younger but now it is just so hard. My doctor prescribe me adipex, I am going to try it because I have tried everything from diet to exercise but nothing is working. I want to know what are some side affects from this drug and does it really work or just a something to destroy my health...
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 03:15 AM
    Hello I'm a pharmacology student not a doctor but I can tell you it's generic name is phentermine it works in a similar way to amphetamines on the noradrenalin (norepinephrine) system to reduce you appetite. That is thought to be it's main mode of action, although some others have been proposed. It is effective but it does have a lot of side effects so use it for a short time only, only as the doctor prescribes and check every other medication you might take with him first. I'm sure the doctor wouldn't have given it to you if you were at risk, but any problems you have don't hesitate to get in contact with him.

If you type it into a search engine loads of information will come up- but if you find any terms you want translated then just post again and I'll see if I can help.

Here's a couple of sites Adipex, MedlinePlus Drug Information: Phentermine
    And this one has some info on the clinical trials results
    http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharm...)/IONAMIN.html
    Good luck
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
    ADIPPEX (Phentermine) is a stimulant similair to amphetamine, it's a appetite suppresant, which affect the central nervous system. The side effects are impaired thinking/reaction, you should not drink any alcohol, it is habit forming, so keep track of how many you take. There are withdrawal reactions after long term use. So check with your Doctor before you decide to stop usage. You still need to diet, and exercise and portion control . There's a lot of risk factors if you have high blood pressure,for instance. I realize your life isreally busy right now, but smaller portions of healthy low calorie foods, low sugar, low sodium, low fat foods, including whole grain breads, pastas, rice and cereals, lots of veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts, and leaner portions of meats, like skinless ckinen, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats with the 2-3 oz portion size, baked or broiled in canola or olive oil, will help you so much. Cut out fast foods, fatty foods, sweets, like cakes, cookies, salty snacks like chips and presweetened drinks like colas. Drink lots of water especially before meals, slowly losing weight and fat % will give you a more permanent loss that will last with life changes. Exercise is very important, walk the baby for 30 minutes, something this simple will help a lot, if you can do overall body exercises or workinto this in time 3-4 X a week, 30 minutes per session you will see great results,. in time, it takes time and patience.
    jenaac3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 12:36 PM
    I was 26 when I first took adipex it right after I had my 3rd child I weighed 175 when I started and within 2 weeks I had lost 22 lbs.. I took it for about 7 months got down to 127 but I also walked like 4 miles a day every single day.. but my son is now 4 and I'm up at 190 so I went to the doc and I'm back on adipex for 2 days now I recommend it 100% but whatever you do don't buy it offline you have to see a doctor and a get a script good luck
    jenaac3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
    Also it is pointless to take more than one a day... one a day is all u will need
    lovebug123qqq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Do not buy offline they are all scams no matter what they say!
    aprilgeorgetown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 09:53 AM
    I just started them last Thursday and they really cut your appetite but they also told me to make sure I'm getting all my calories in me so if I'm supposed to be eating 2400 calories a day can somebody please suggest what I can eat to equal up to 2400 because I really don't be hungry.
    anita torrez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 06:12 PM
    I was on phentermine and lost 38 pounds in 3 months. I loved it. I did gain the weight back though.It took 1 year.to gain it all back. It is not habbit forming. I did get back on it. For 2 months and lost 25 lbs. Now I know you have to change your eating habbits to keep weight off. I really didn't understand that in the first time on it. Now I know and don't want to gain the weight back and I really do have to watch what I eat and get more exercise in.Not easy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adipex --- Does it work [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone tried Adipex? Does it work? Are there strange side effects, other than those listed on the manufacturer's web site?

Do you think it will really work out? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Sarah, I have a problem. My boyfreind barley calls me anymore, I never get to see him, and I can never call him because I don't know how to get up with him. I want this relationship to work out because I love him more then words can express we have been going out for about 3 months...

I need av to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi dose anyone no how to put the av channel on with out the remote because I've got a ps2 that I can't play now because the av button on the remote dose not work can anyone HELP plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Need work [ 4 Answers ]

I just started cleaning service and Im home based I need to find work, any idea who need a cleaning services? I am located in Riverside county,CA.

Does this work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I found these new products on this website check it out. Also some of the products on the web site have hq while others don't. http://www.4derm.com/displaysingle.asp?criteria=35806&dr_id=1004L

View more questions Search