Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

May 12, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Regular Pepsi vs. Diet Pepsi
    I know that Pepsi has about 150 calories a glass, but diet pepsi says it has 0 calories. Now I'm not asking about the debate of whether diet is better for you, because it isn't! Im asking.. if you are addicted to pepsi, is diet a better alternative if you are only worried about its effects on losing weight? Diet pepsi also says sugar free but is there like another ingredient that really can make you just as fat as regular? I have tried all different kinds of drinks and trust me, they don't work! I like the cold crunchy taste of diet pop now and I'm wondering if its doing any good switching from regualr to diet.
    Thanks
    lizabell Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
    OK... we are all worried about our weight one way or another... but as you said... if diet has no sugar... but can still make you gain weight.. why should u be so worried? Both are practically the same right? Except the taste to me... id rather go with regular... which we also have our own opinions too.

May 12, 2007, 04:51 PM
    No I never said diet makes you gain weight.. I'm asking if it does.
    This is what I asked: Diet pepsi also says sugar free but is there like another ingredient that really can make you just as fat as regular?

May 12, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Oooh! Sorry about that... um I think there is... im not sure I can ask someone I know tomorrow who is a dietrician and I can post your answer tomorrow if you want me too...

May 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
    No problem... I will talk to you tomorrow I guess... god bless.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Look both choices are non-nutritional, no value to your good health, Reg. pepsi has 27g carb, 10 g potassium, 27 g sugar, and 25 g of caffine, diet has 20 g potassium, 25 g sodium and 24 g of caffine, There's a lot better choices, including just drinking water and placing some fruit in it, with lots of chipped ice. Why drink something with so much sodium, and caffine?

May 13, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Now I'm not asking about the debate of whether diet is better for you, because it isn't!. only worried about its effects on losing weight?
    Id like an answer for my qustion... if anyone has it!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Your amount of fat is directly correlated to your health. Losing weight has very little to do with the diet drink you choose and more with being active and eating correct meals.

May 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
    I do think that pepsi can very much make u gain weight over time! If u are a pop drinker u drink a lot! So I answered my own question! 150 calories a glass of regular for an addicted caffiene drinker IS worse than diet at 0 calories.. or even coffee with no sugar is better! This is about weight loss NOT health!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Large people always drink diet drinks. Think about it.
    lilkittenx2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondieinCAN
    I know that Pepsi has about 150 calories a glass, but diet pepsi says it has 0 calories. Now im not asking about the debate of whether or not diet is better for you, because it isnt! Im asking .. if you are addicted to pepsi, is diet a better alternative if you are only worried about its effects on losing weight? Diet pepsi also says sugar free but is there like another ingredient that really can make you just as fat as regular?? I have tried all diffrent kinds of drinks and trust me, they dont work! I like the cold crunchy taste of diet pop now and im wondering if its doing any good switching from regualr to diet.
    Thanks
    Well really regular is better for you. It is beacause diet makes you retain water. So it makes you look bigger. If you know what I mean. But diet does not make you lose any weight what so ever.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
    I went off sugared soda (my favorite was plain ol' Coca-Cola) and lost 6 pounds in about 2 months without changing anything else.

Sugared soda has a lot of empty calories. Diet soda has a lot of sodium, so it can make you retain water which adds water weight. But, if you are going to drink a soda, I think diet would be the better one. It is better for your teeth not be constantly assaulted by sugary stuff, too.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondieinCAN
    Now im not asking about the debate of whether or not diet is better for you, because it isnt!...only worried about its effects on losing weight?
    Id like an answer for my qustion... if anyone has it!!!
    Blondie, sodium makes you retain water which add to weight gain. Regular soda one can a day will make you gain a average of about 15 pounds in a year. That's all I'm trying to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Pepsi Cola [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can, coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge, "Under God." Pepsi said they didn't want to Offend anyone. How about the majority of the American Public? Who...

Drinking Pepsi [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Will drinking Pepsi Max make you put on weight?

Difference btwn Pepsi and Coke [ 10 Answers ]

My friend and I are doing a project on the difference between Pepsi and Coke. We found out that both soft drinks have the same ingredients, excpet Pepsi has citric acid in it. Does anyone know what differnce the citric acid does to Pepsi? What is citric acid? What does it do to beverages? Does...

Evaluate the difference between pepsi and coke [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am doing a project on evaluating the defference of pepsi and coke and I need some ideas. Are class already has the difference in current, taste, strength of acid in the drink. I need help.

View more questions Search