Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizabell Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2007, 03:55 PM
    I mean seriously, uniforms aren't that bad!

Okay, I'm doing an essay on uniforms and if they're really good for the school or not...
    Well I'm just wondering if someone can help me out...
    How does uniforms REALLY help students learn and perform better?
    I've heard from different sides of the argument but I would like to know what you think about this subject.
    Thanks.:confused:
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
    I think uniforms are good because it cuts down on bullying! I went to a non uniform school and if you didn't have the right clothes or the right shoes or whatever, you were bullied for it, it was awful! My daughter goes to a uniformed school and it just doesn't happen there! Everyone has to wear the same!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Typical street clothes can be distracting. If all wore uniforms then there would be less distraction among students.

May 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Okay, so what you are saying is that uniforms help students learn better because they don't worry about their street clothes... but since uniforms are strict on the dress code, wouldn't they just worry more about what the teachers think?
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 05:07 PM
    What? Worry about what the teachers think?

I lost you.

May 12, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Well, I read an article from a girl who says that the teachers will go around and tell them that their shirt's are not tucked in, or small things like that. Wouldn't other students worry about if the teachers would complain to them also?
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
    That is a very small price to pay.

Understand that without uniforms or strict dress codes, we have to worry about half shirts, shorts, pants down around the ankles, tank tops, designers that not all children can afford and so on.

May 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Yes that's true.
    Okay I have another question if you don't mind...
    How can uniforms help safety increase?
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

May 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
    I thinkt hat the article you read about the teachers doesn't amount to a lot. Id leave that out in your essay. But remember you're writing an essay not a report, so its your opinion... which is great. My opinion is that uniforms are better but you still have individual style no matter what you're wearing.. the way you do your hair, your backpack, your attitude.. etc...
    Here are some points you could put in that might "help" students perform better"
    - less pressure to wear the "right" or "instyle" clothing
    - getting ready for school takes less time
    - learning to share a common ground and respect students equally
    - less time to worry about materialistic things and focus on school work
    - saves money for education costs (not needing new scholl outfits)
    - self confidence rises when children feel equal to one another (relatable)
    Helping safety increase...
    - gang colors are easily omitted (red or blue bandanas for example)
    -students don't feel pressure to wear certain things so do not get bullied or have to conform for gangs (and there are gangs at that age)
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Oh, that is easy. This is homework isn't it, LOL

Many children cannot afford certain designers and thugs will bully and beat kids that wear the expensive popular designers.

Some children have even been known to be killed because someone wants the tennis shoes they are wearing.

May 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Thanks a lot guys... this will really help with my essay. I really wanted to make a clear view of why uniforms would be good for my school... this helps a lot. Not only that I wanted to make my opinion clear.. but to also show the rest of the class that they're wrong (I was the only one out of about 22 people that agreed with the idea) lol...
    Thanks again!
    God bless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School Uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Are School Uniforms Necessary?

School uniforms [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter goes to a private elementary school, I'm pretty sure that I cannot deduct the cost of her tuition. But Does Anyone Know If I Can Deduct The Cost Of Her Uniforms. They Are Required. We Are Doing Our Taxes Ourselves And We Need Help.

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

Uniforms should be abolished. I have to writa debate in the favour of the motion. Please tell me more about "why uniforms should be abolished?":) :)

School Uniforms... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone if anyone has anything to say about school uniforms feel free to speak up. But the real question is what are some Pro's and Con's about public schools enforcing school uniforms?

View more questions Search