Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judie39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 02:18 PM
    My daughter wants to live with me
    My daughter currently lives with her father in Ohio. I reside in Indiana. She is 12 1/2 and hates her stepmother. Her stepmother has treated her awful and her father now sides with the stepmom. She has went from an honor student to failling grades. Will a judge let her make the decision where she wants to live? Is she at the right age (she will be 13 by November)?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 02:22 PM
    You file for custody, and have her testify, the judge will listen to her, but will also look aot many other factors also.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 12, 2007, 02:28 PM
    You can attempt to file for modification to reverse the current order but you will more than likely have to prove "change of circumstance". That can be tough. You will definitely need to get a lawyer.

It is different from state to state but there is usually a set age at which a judge will consider the wishes of the child but will not rule solely on that. There is no set age which a child can decide where they want to live in any state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Can live know more [ 5 Answers ]

I am really not happy in my life and I cry everyday and he lets people talk bad stuff to me and he never treats me good he hits me and he calls me out of my name I love him but I no I have to leave him but it hurts so much And I don't know how to leave him with out getting hurt my frist time and...

I don't know how to live! [ 5 Answers ]

Well the title is true, I'm 22 years old. I wake up thinking about it, I go to sleep thinking about it, and sometime I get so upset about so many things. I'm scared; I’m scared of living and scared to do anything. Ever since I finished high school I lost all my confidents and I don't know how I get...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search