Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tsalcedo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Last Month's Rent
    I currently have a tenant at will agreement with my landlord where we are supposed to give 30 days notice before moving out. However, my husband accepted a job in Florida(currently in ma) and we only have 2 weeks before we have to leave. 3o days notice is not possible. We have already paid for the month of May and are leaving before the month is even over (May 25)... Can we ask for the last months rent back if we are not going to use it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 02:10 PM
    You can ask for it, he most likely will laugh at you, he can ans will most likely hold you liable for 30 days from when you gave noticce,

So from the day you gave notice, you may owe him a few days rent into next month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My tenant won't pay last month's rent [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, My tenant who is a tenant by the previous property owner will not pay the last month's rent. She says that the security deposit is the last month's rent. I told her that is the deposit if there are damages to the property. I also believe that the previous owner did not pay the...

DC-Tenant never paid first month's rent [ 3 Answers ]

My new tenant signed a lease, paid a security deposit, but never made her fist month's rent. She had some ridiculous excuses, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. It has been a week since the start of her lease. She has not taken possession of the unit. Can I cancel the lease and keep the...

Last Month's Rent/Pre-Paid [ 2 Answers ]

If I paid the first and last month's rent years ago, and the current rent is a lot more, did I not "buy" in advance, an extra month's rent at the price when I signed the rental agreement? So I can considered the last month as paid in full without paying the additional to equal the new rent amount?...

Last month's rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

I recently gave 60 days notice on my lease. I am now at my last month's payment due. I did however have to prepay first and last months rent at the beginning of the lease. My landlord is saying I have to pay the rent at the beginning of the month and he will refund it at the end of the month. I...

Full month's rent? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- I have a question that I need answered. My husband and I live in NH and currently are not in a lease with our apartment. We found a new place to live and would like to move in Aug 19. We have given 30 days notice, and would like to partial pay the month of Aug- from aug 1-19. Our present...

View more questions Search