Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamworld05 Posts: 370, Reputation: 12

May 12, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Risky info
    What are the risks of giving someone your exact age and name? I don't what people could do with this limited amount of information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Not sure what you mean, but with just your home address, normally they can find your age, your name, telephone number, if you own your proeprty can find out what you pay in taxes each year on the property.
    Just your name can give a person access to unlimited info on you if they want to dig further enough.

Even logging onto a computer if you own the account, one can track the IP address to the account holder and more. There is no limit as to what can be found out about you if a person has enough time and money to do the searches
    quaint11 Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 12, 2007, 08:32 AM
    A name and exact age can be used to get your personal information, if it ends up in the wrong hands. Personally, I can use such information to cross reference with other info to narrow down to the exact information about a person. Things like full name, DOB, DL#, in some cases social security numbers, criminal history, civil history, work history, previous roomates, relatives,. your phone company, utilities and related info... just about anything.

Even an email address can be just as dangerous. Be wary who you give your info to and what you do with it yourself.

May 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by quaint11
    A name and exact age can be used to get your personal information, if it ends up in the wrong hands. Personally, I can use such information to cross reference with other info to narrow down to the exact information about a person. Things like full name, DOB, DL#, in some cases social security numbers, criminal history, civil history, work history, previous roomates, relatives,....your phone company, utilities and related info....just about anything.

Even an email address can be just as dangerous. Be wary who you give your info to and what you do with it yourself.
    Thanks for the advice, quaint! I really appreciate it.
    quaint11 Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
    No Problem! Always glad to lend a helping hand. :-)

May 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by quaint11
    No Problem! Always glad to lend a helping hand. :-)
    More people should be like that: Friendly and kind. Hey, what's DL#?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I find a good Tin Foil Hat and Paranoid Mode in FULLY engaged works wonders.
    True with some digging a lot of inforamtion can be found about anyone, especially with the rise of networking sites like MySpace and FaceBook.

Just remember to keep you personal information safe.

Even a simple Google of your user name can produce some interesting results:
    hamworld05 - Google Search

Ps DL# - Direct Line Number i.e. Phone

May 15, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Hey, THAT is interesting. It's weird, I didn't think that'd actually happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Risky business [ 2 Answers ]

At the risk of sounding completely inane, what is the deal with the Paris Etching Society? It seems most everyone in the art sections has a question on it. Is it rare? Collectible? Interesting? Should I know about it? Plus since everyone seems to be an expert on this, I can trust that my...

Risky companies & lower target payout ratios [ 1 Answers ]

Why do risky companies tend to have lower target payout ratios and more gradual adjustment rates?

View more questions Search