Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bendoumbia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Regression in finance
    I'm taking this finance class , and I'm having a hard time
    I have some document on excel and I'm suppose to do this by Tuesday I need some help
    Anyone who can help I can send the excel file
    This is what I have to do :

Regress the low capitalization portfolio or small stocks returns less the risk free returns (Y) – US Market on the high capitalization portfolio or large stocks returns less the risk free returns– US market. See table 5.3 in book and Excel file sent previously... Interpret the estimated slope or Beta and the regression summary statistics such as R-square (the square of the correlation number). What does this regression tell you the relative risk and return of these two portfolios?

I can't send the excel sheet here because it's too large but I can email it
    gogosean Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 12, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bendoumbia
    i'm taking this finance class , and i'm having a hard time
    i have some document on excell and i'm suppose to do this by tuesday i need some help
    anyone who can help i can send the excell file
    this is what i have to do :

Regress the low capitalization portfolio or small stocks returns less the risk free returns (Y) – US Market on the high capitalization portfolio or large stocks returns less the risk free returns– US market. See table 5.3 in book and Excel file sent previously... Interpret the estimated slope or Beta and the regression summary statistics such as R-square (the square of the correlation number). What does this regression tell you the relative risk and return of these two portfolios?

i can't send the excell sheet here because it's too large but i can email it
    You are being asked to build a linear model to estimate the relative risk and return of two portfolios. If you don't mind, could you please clarify the following:
    1. How many models are you building?
    2. For each model, what are the Independent variables and what is the dependent variables? I am having trouble making the distinction from the paragraph.
    3. Please restate our final question, is it simply that you want to know the ROIC , return on invested capital?

Finally, if you are doing the linear regression in Excel, go to Tools>Add Ins>Analysis Tool Pack. This will allow you to create a crappy Excel model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance [ 1 Answers ]

The FTSE 100 futures is

Statistics/Regression question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question... how can I figure this out? Is there a formula? Anyway, if the mean of X is 15.6 and the mean of Y is 23.8, what would happen to the slope and intercept if 10 points was subtracted from every Y? Without knowing what the Y's were (which I don't), how is this possible? Or...

View more questions Search