Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jason Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2005, 07:45 AM
    computer hangs up while installing xp
    Help me please!
    I am building my first PC based on the Asus K8V-X and AMD Sempron 2800+.
    I'm also using my old Nvidia video card, Soundblaster live, my old 80 gb
    Seagate hard drive and one Samsung pC3200 memory.
    The problem is ,the computer hangs up every time at the same spot whenever I try to load windows xp and no error messages. Thank you.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2005, 05:41 AM
    Can you clear some stuff up for us. You said the PC hangs while installing in the title, but in the thread you said loading. Which one is it? Installing or loading? Also does it just hang and sit there or does it restart? Finally what screen does it hang on? The XP logo or something else?

My best guess would be that either the PC is heating up too much and shutting itself down as a precaution, or that you haven't got a card seated properly. Are all your fans running? Try going round taking out and reinserting your cards, RAM etc.

Also, take a look in your system's BIOS. There is normally a system information screen with temperatures on it. If you can get to that, see if any values are high/red.
    erosinski Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 07:59 AM
    Had the same problem.. check to make sure memory is not damaged. WHen I moved my computer to my new house the cd-rom drive got loose and slide back and hit my memory. Windows wouldn't start up so I decided to reinstall.. it hung every time it when from the blue screen to the actual installation. After many hours of messing with it I checked out my memory and sure enough...
    movestuf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 09:57 PM
    Thank You everyone.
    Thanks all :) :) :) :D.

As it turned out my problem was the simplest of things, (isn't it always so),
    I was reminded after reading EROSINSKI's posting that I should CHECK what I might have Inadvertently STUFFED UP.

Yea!! I checked what I'd done and NOT done when I'd removed & replaced the RAM as the PC had been seeing only one stick.

I had taken out the power lead to the HHD & DVD as it was interfering with proper access to the RAM... then removed & replaced the RAM... BUT left the power lead off.

On rebooting the BIOS message "on hanging" when detecting HDDs in LARGE RED LETTERS indicated that the CPU speed setting did not match the actual CPU RAM and hardware. Since I had also been playing with tweaking up the CPU a bit at the same time as I'd refitted the RAM I WRONGLY blamed that NOT the simple Bloody obvious STUFF_UP.

So short story... Check your work, it's very often the stuffup SIMPLE!!
    Mohona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Hi,

I wanted to ask a similar question as my friend is facing the same kind of a problem while installing Windows Xp, while he can install other OS in his PC.

The specifications of user's machine are as:
    P4, Speed: 2.4Ghz, RAM: 1GB, HD capacity: 80GB. WIN XP HOME EDITION,

Problem is boot screen hangs. It doesn't restart but it hangs at the loading screen... It is after the 1st booting after installation when a black background screen appears with Win Xp logo on it and a blue scrolling bar... when it hangs.

No overheating has taken place because... other OS are being installed well and working fine.

Could you please advise on this or help to get the same resolved?

Thanks a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC blower hangs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Heil AC and gas heat system. The compressor is located outdoors and the remainder of the system is in the attic. The problem is that sometimes the blower continues to run after the compressor has stopped and the delay time has expired. The compressor will not restart and the blower will...

CD-ROM hangs my PC [ 4 Answers ]

CD-ROM starts spinning and then stops repeatedly even if I do not insert any CD in it and computer hangs for a while during this process. Why is so ?

System hangs [ 2 Answers ]

The problem started yesterday when I open warcraft3.. the system hangs! I format my hdd,installed win xp pro service pack 1 thinking that will solved my problem.. but nothing happens,same problem occur when trying to play warcraft3.. I tried not to install the driver of my video card and it works!...

Installing window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? [ 7 Answers ]

How do I Install window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? I fixing a computer for a friend and I need to reinstall windows onto his hard drive but that's all I have is the hard drive... I have 2 computers one running xp and one running me what would be the...

Pc hangs in between games [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I've an 860 mhz, celeron PC, with 128 mb ram. I ve got hw accelerator card.I had loaded a Prince of Persia 3d game in my PC. It ran very well in the beginning. But all of sudden PC started hanging in between games. Now this habbit has grown so strong that now even the dos version of it hangs...

View more questions Search