Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dispirito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Wireless disconnecting when Idle
    Hello

I am using a Linksys wireless router. When using an ethernet cable, the connection is fine. The problem is that when I go idle for a 15-20 minute or longer period, I get disconnected. Any suggestions? I have tried going into the Power management and swtiching off the option "have computer turn off" or whatever option, yet it didn't help. Also my signal strength varies, even though I don't move anything. I heard that shouldn't happen. Please help!
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Is it a laptop?

If so, are you running it on the battery, or plugged into the wall?
    dispirito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Nope, I'm using a Desktop
    Dave987 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 09:14 AM
    I have a linksys router (laptop though-same principle) and no you shouldn't have that problem... at all. Go see the company you purchased the router from and find a solution.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Go into your router's configuration screen and check for a setting that asks if the router should reconnect if idle, you may also see the term "keep alive". If you post the model I could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

Disconnecting electricity [ 2 Answers ]

I am gutting my kitchen in preparation for a remodel project being performed by a contractor. I need to know how to safely disconnect some hardwired electrical connections

Disconnecting cast iron pipes. Neo gasket [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a bath and shower. The bathroom didin't have a bath install. The shower drains into the main 4" drain (cast iron), which also services the toilet. I want to run the bath and shower drain inline to the main drain. I am having a problem with removing the cast iron section from the...

Disconnecting Electricity [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving a manufactured home... I know that I must hire a licensed electrician to reconnect it to the new locations pedestal but do I need a licensed electrician to disconnect it from the old one after having the utility company shut the power off?

Aim disconnecting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a university and am on a lan connection... about 2 or 3 weeks ago my aim started to disconnect me... at first it was just after I was idle for a long period, now if I am away from my computer for like 2 minutes I get disconnected... I have ran spy-bot, ad-aware, and my virus scanner......

View more questions Search