Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helphungry Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Open LAN Computer Through HTML
    Hi There,

I always put \\10.0.0.2 in RUN to open a PC in our LAN network.
    This method opens the above IP in explorer showing shared contents.

I want to open the above IP through a link in HTML Page. It should open in explorer too.

WHY?
    Actually most user of our network don't know which type of movies are kept on what IP.
    That's why I want to create a HTML Page & put links in it & linking movies to appropriate IPs

Please Reply Soon!
    Thanks =)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Well seeing that the IP is also a URL a normal hyperlink will work fine.
    helphungry Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
    But Its Saying Page Cannot Be Displayed!
    Any Suggestions? Or Method That Are Specifically Used
    For Opening Lan Computers Through HTML?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Errrrm, you do know how to make a simple web page and put a URL on it, don't you?

If so just attach your page here and we'll have a look at it for you.
    Remember the URL needs to be \\computer\resource, so in your case \\10.0.0.2\c$ for the C drive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer languages (HTML, Java, etc.) good for future? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, if I wanted to get a future career in Computer or computer business would it be useful or essential, to learn HTML, Java, PHP, C++, CSS, or any major ones. Also, which should I learn and not learn. I don't know exactly what specific career I want, I just want the general and things that are...

Computer restarts by itself and does not open deskstop [ 5 Answers ]

I have a desktop computer and have Windows XP professional. When I start my computer it starts OK and as soon as it goes to window opening page and it seems like it is processing but after a while it reboots again, without getting the Desktop window. It happens again and again. I do not know,...

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

I can't open 'Internet Explorer', 'My Computer' or 'My Folders' [ 2 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:28:39 PM, on 6/6/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe...

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

View more questions Search