Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomwest4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Unlocking my Laptop
    Please can someone help me on how to unlock my laptop. I just bought a new laptop but my friend used a different password for it now I can no longer open or have access to it anymore and my friend too can't remember the password that he used for it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Your friend can't remember his own password? Is it a BIOS or Windows password?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 11, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Turn it off with the button. Start pressing f11. Go to disk recovery, after backing up data.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 08:40 AM
    How do you expect him to back up the data?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 11, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Also f11 doesn't work with ALL machines, only certain ones, and you are assuming that it has a hidden recovery partition.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
    If you really bought it from a friend, merely call them up and ask them the other pass word,

If you are the legal owner of the laptop, take it to a shop where after checking the serial number for theft they will do this for you if your friend can not reemmber his old password

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Unlocking treo650 from cingular for t-mobile [ 1 Answers ]

] Can someone tell me how to unlock a treo 650? I am needing the subsidiary code and steps to do this. Thanks

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Unlocking Protected Excel Documents [ 3 Answers ]

My godfather just sent me an email saying that he has a spreadsheet at work that he or any of his colleagues know the password for. Does anyone know anything that can remove/reset the password on Excel spreadsheets?

View more questions Search