Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

May 11, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Trying for Baby
    My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since January. Since then my period has been irregular. From January to February it was 41 days. From February to March it was 38 days. I have not had a peroid yet, it has been 47days. I have taken 2 pregnancy test and they both came out negative. When I had my son, the test wasn't positive until I was 6 weeks along. Could I be pregnant or do you think there is a problem?:confused:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I could just be that you are wanting to get pregnant so badly, that you are stressing yourself, and therefore messing up your cycles. It could be perfectly normal. As you have only been trying for about 5 months, you shouldn't worry about fertility issues yet. Most healthy couples take up to 1 year of trying to conceive naturally before it is suggested that they seek medical intervention. HOWEVER, since it has been so long since you have had your period, I would definitely suggest that you go to your ob/gyn and have them take a look at you. It could be normal, or there could be something underlying going on. You might need help getting your cycles started again, or you could be pregnant, and your levels of hcg are just not high enough to register yet.(in which case an internal exam and a blood test will help to determine if you are having a healthy pregnancy) Good luck to you hun. Make that appointment soon. 47 days is really too long to go without medical advice.

May 11, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Thank you for your advice. I have made an appointment for Tuesday. The other thing is, is that I have been very tired lately and I have waves of nausea throughout the day, but I have not gotten sick. Also when I lay on my stomach it's uncomfortable. It feels weird. It has been 5 years since I had my son, so I can't really remember what I felt like with him.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Yea, time seems to dull our memories on what pregnancy(and birth) exactly feel like. Plus every pregnancy is different. It could very well be that you are pregnant. But it could be other things as well, and your doctor can best advise you on these things, so I am glad you made an appointment. It could be perfectly normal for you to be this late. I once missed 2 consecutive periods, tehn started 2 weeks later, and was like clock work after that. Just because I was stressing because I wanted baby #2 so badly. So you never know. Good luck hun, let us know how it turns out.

May 11, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Thanks, I sure will

Jul 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Just an update... Today is 7/16/07... I am not pregnant. I took Prometrium last month to make me start my period and it did. I just started taking it again last night, because I have not started this month! It's driving me nuts! But I am going to the Dr on the 31st so we will see what she has to say!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Ahh, good luck to yah!
    peanut6966 Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Jul 17, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Good luck to you :) and don't stress out over it, when I was stressing about getting pregnant after my son was born it took me 6 years to get pregnant with my 2nd baby and now I can't stop getting pregnant (Im pregnant with baby #4 right now)... just give it time :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A baby having a baby. [ 15 Answers ]

My sister is 13 she's gotten into some bad groups of friends and now she might be pregnant.And the guy who got her took her inocense was 17 almost 18. I feel as if she's still a baby. She's doing drugs, telling my parents off. My parents don't know what to do for her and neither do I. she's to...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

I want a baby [ 6 Answers ]

I'm nearly 18 years old and have been dating my boyfriend aged 22 for 2 years and we have been trying for a baby 4 up 2 8months and I still haven't became pregnant can you tell me what other option there is to get pregnant?? :confused:

My baby [ 2 Answers ]

My baby is 8 moths old now.last month when she was 7 months old ,her breath started to smell very bad.we went to doctor and she told us to give her water to clean in her mouth after she eats her meal.we did it but nothing changed.we thought it smells bad because she is hungry but we tried it and...

View more questions Search