Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    effbee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Restoring a flash drive
    I have a 2.5 gig flash drive that I can no longer access. I'd like to not loose the data on it, but the most important thing is to make the drive useful again. effbee
    carlo_scute Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Try another PC, and perhaps time for a firmware upgrade from it's website(but there's a high chance it would wipe the drive's data.
    effbee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo_scute
    try another pc, and perhaps time for a firmware upgrade from it's website(but there's a high chance it would wipe the drive's data.
    Thanks, Carlo, but I've tried the drive on several other computers. I either get a message that says the computer can't find the flash drive or it shows up as an empty disc. It's about 6 months old and I'm not sure whose (manufacturer) disc it is anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring a Flash Drive (instead of re-formatting it) [ 26 Answers ]

I have a flash drive with a number of items on it that I need. When I go to access the drive, which I have used for the past couple of months, I now get an error message saying that the drive is not formatted and needs to be formatted. I know that if I re-format it, I'll lose all my work on...

Imation Flash Drive [ 2 Answers ]

My Imation Flash Drive 2.0 (2 GB) is not respondin any PC, Why? Help me. Muneer

Flash drive write protected [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ,I having 128 Mb flash drive of Frontech company.for some unknown reason that showing "write protected ,disable it to use" message is coming.I tried several ways but not succeeded.how to disable that write protected flash drive.presently it allows to copy from the drive but not to that drive and...

Flash Drive Access Route Restoring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the access route or path to my flash drive. I had a document opened from my flash drive when my PC shut down and I had to remove the flash drive in order to start the PC up again. Now when I try to open the flash drive again, it says the path has not been restored and I have lost...

View more questions Search