Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 07:04 AM
    Bradford Pear Tree
    I have a bradford pear that has way to many berries on it in the fall. The ground is a mess. Short of cutting it down, is there anything I can do to eliminate these small berries (pears?). They come in clusters and are about the size of cranberries. The tree is 30 to 40 ft. tall and I cannot reach the top to spray it. I have called several tree services in the area and they advise their sprays do not reach the top either.
    ludakris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2005, 10:09 AM
    If its 30-40 ft tall... its going to come down soon anyway.. you might want to cut it down rather than hope it falls OK...
    In my parents neighborhood they gave away bradfords when the houses were new... everyone had one planted in their yard... about 15 years later as they got big.. they all started coming down... the branches split from the trunk at weird angles and as they grow larger it weakens them... a good wind storm and they split like a wishbone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Maple Tree [ 3 Answers ]

I have a red maple tree and something is eating the leaves. I need help to find out how to stop the pest and what to use to stop them

What will grow under a tree? [ 6 Answers ]

We have a large Black Walnut tree in our neighbors yard but on the fence line to our house. We are trying to plant something to block our view of their house but it needs to be able to compete with the tree roots. Is there any way to plant or any other design ideas to help us block the view? Thank...

Ficus Tree [ 1 Answers ]

My ficus tree is weak and has lost the majority of its leaves. I'm trying to doctor it back to health. It is not over-watered, currently in indirect sunlight. It has no sappy discharge, mold, mites, etc. I have a perfectly healthy ficus but need advise on how to revive it back to health. ...

The old bradford pear problem [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, it happened... my beautiful bradford pear tree split.looks good on three sides but now I have a island with a damaged tree. Should I cut it down or just haul off the giant branch and leave it be?

Mail a tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sentimental desire to plant a seedling from my grandmothers Norway Maple tree in my own back yard. Last summer I dug up five seedlings and drove 3 days and planted them. I think they would have done well except that the bunnies ate the leaves as fast as they could grow. I can't...

View more questions Search