Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pragmaticman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 08:26 PM
    How do I perform the honda k-test?
    Txgreasemonkey

Can you walk me through the K-test, there are many circuits I can test for low voltage?
    Do you have an image that can help me test the right one?

Thank you
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
    The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multi-meter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't perform any Power on Self Test [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a ECS motherboard 3 months ago it works fine. And till this problems comes, it doesn't perform any Power on Self Test. It has a display. I can't even enter the bios setup. How could I fix this? Please help me... I'm a new user here

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? On other models there is a way to short the pump at the relay and you can tell if the fuel pump is working or not. Is there a way to do this on the 1992 honda accord lx?

Honda Civic 88 pressure test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have read the FAQ and found useful info, however I would like to be sure about the following before replacing the fuel pump. This car sat for a month and when cranked, did start, ran for 10 secs, then shut off, now I have checked spark, fuel filter even timing belt, everything OK, the...

1992 Honda Civic Dx,how Do You Test Igniter? [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Test Ithe Igniter?

View more questions Search