Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tombabula Posts: 35, Reputation: -3

May 10, 2007, 08:11 PM
    What decision should I make about on-campus housing?
    I talked with my mother and she is worried that I''ll get so in debt in the end that I will be paying 20 or 30 years! I agree I should take as minimum as possible, but I would prefer to live on campus so I would get better off with college. Besides sometimes situation at home is not stable, sometimes my parents argue and they even argued after midnight until 2:00 am. So I am little bit more worried about how I'll do at school, but loan issue is important to me too and I cannot just ignore it. To make her more calm I told I could pay interest while in school, but then she pointed out I do not yet have good job and they as parents cannot guarantee that they'll get enough to pay for my school. Currently I have some job, but I am looking for better on campus or in downtown close to school that would pay
    Better and be less hard. Currently I am freshman in private college, 20 years old with annual cost of tuition 23,850. Next year I will be sophomore and my current debt is $3000 (Stafford + PLUS loan) the rest I got covered with grants.My school uses quarter system and it is possible I may graduate in next 2 years.

The cost of campus including meal plan is around 10,000 (not including summer).
    I am looking for scholarship but of course winning them is not guaranteed and probably won't get any soon.
    Jack2794 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Sep 7, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tombabula
    I talked with my mother and she is worried that I''ll get so in debt in the end that I will be paying 20 or 30 years! I agree I should take as minimum as possible, but I would prefer to live on campus so I would get better off with college. Besides sometimes situation at home is not stable, sometimes my parents argue and they even argued after midnight until 2:00 am. So I am little bit more worried about how I'll do at school, but loan issue is important to me too and I cannot just ignore it. To make her more calm I told I could pay interest while in school, but then she pointed out I do not yet have good job and they as parents cannot guarantee that they'll get enough to pay for my school. Currently I have some job, but I am looking for better on campus or in downtown close to school that would pay
    better and be less hard. Currently I am freshman in private college, 20 years old with annual cost of tuition 23,850. Next year I will be sophomore and my current debt is $3000 (Stafford + PLUS loan) the rest I got covered with grants.My school uses quarter system and it is possible I may graduate in next 2 years.

the cost of campus including meal plan is around 10,000 (not including summer).
    I am looking for scholarship but of course winning them is not guaranteed and probably won't get any soon.
    Ok first of all you have to spend 2 years at college and if I was you I would think which environment will I be able to study in better? After all if you do well at college you'll get a really good job and stuff, so you should be able to pay. If you think that you will work better at the on capus housing it will probably pay off tospendthe extra money. However if you think you wll be able to cope working at your current home do that and save the money. J

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I make the right decision? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, this is proably going to be a long post so bear with me. Me and my ex have been broken up for just about 6 months now. For the most part we have stayed away from each other, only talking every month or so, and even then, its just casual checking up on each other. She is currently in a...

When I should tell my family about living on-campus [ 6 Answers ]

Next year I would prefer to live on campus, because where I live is far to school, it takes me 1h 30 min to get there. So it limits my opportunities I can take on campus. I am thinking about taking minor (additional classes) and perhaps join some club, don't worry about weather- in Chicagoland it...

Hardest Life Decision I have to make [ 12 Answers ]

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My boyfriend (of almost 6 years) and I have been on and off again for a few months now. And things had just gotten good again we worked on our problems and I was going to move back in in march or April when my lease ran out. Bull S&* got started (some girl...

Upsetting info, but need to make a decision [ 12 Answers ]

So my ex (of almost 3 years) broke up with me about 5 weeks ago. There weren't very substantial reasons at the time as to why she did it, other than saying she was "unhappy". We recently met for the first time and things went well but said we shouldn't jump back into a relationship and need to at...

View more questions Search