rufntuf2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Consumer behaviour
    What is the consumer behaviour?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 10:32 PM
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Consumer behaviour is the study of how people buy, what they buy, when they buy and why they buy. It is a subcategory of marketing that blends elements from psychology, sociology, sociopsychology, anthropology and economics. It attempts to understand the buyer decision making process, both individually and in groups. It studies characteristics of individual consumers such as demographics, psychographics, and behavioural variables in an attempt to understand people's wants. It also tries to assess influences on the consumer from groups such as family, friends, reference groups, and society in general.

You also might find information on the following sites to be helpful to you. I hope that you do.

The Psychology of Consumers: Consumer Behavior and Marketing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Consumer counseling [ 2 Answers ]

We have been with a consumer counseling agency for the last two months, which they have been making payments to our creditors. We have one creditor Sears, which has been handed over to a collection agency. The collection agency has been calling our home and telling us they do not work with...

Consumer transactions [ 1 Answers ]

What is a consumer transaction in hospitality law and what are the steps and proceedures of a consumer transaction?

Consumer Fraud.. Please Help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals.. Here's my problem.. I sent my laptop in for repair two weeks ago. The problem I was having was that the power cord would not stay plugged in to the back. The plug-in hole had gotten wallowed out over the past two years. Well, after inspection, they told me they were...

Consumer Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a new bankruptcy procedure in Chapter 7 matters due to debts that involve credit card obligations?

View more questions Search