Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathie28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Bad Credit No Money Down Loan
    Does anyone know where to find a mortgage, or to get a loan to purchase a home for people with low income, no money down and bad credit? My husband and I can not stay where we were living previously because of unreconsilable differences with the home owners. We have 3 children and can not afford more than $1000 a month. Does anyone have any answers?
    P.S. I have already talked to a mortgage broker and he informed me that no bank will buy a home and give a mortgage to anyone with a credit score of less than 580. My husband's is 570 and we do not have time to fix his credit. We really need a miracle. IMMEDIATELY! HELP!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Sounds like you need to rent. Send the next 3 to 5 years getting your credit improved.

If you had 20 to 30 percent to put down you may have a chance.

About the only thing I can think of is a owner finance, a lease purchase or a contract for deed, if you find a new seller who does not know better and does not ask for a large down, But there will have to be a down.

Also of course you did not say where you are at, since around here you can rent a 3 bedroom brick home on large lots for 500 to 600 dollars.

So perhaps you can find a low cost rental, start saving money up for a down paymet, start making settlements on past dues and paying bills on time and clearing up the credit.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Fr_Chuck has the right idea. Rent and try to repair your credit.

Have you thought of applying with Habitat for Humanity?
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 10, 2007, 11:10 PM
    There are so many people like you that were misled or lied to by shady loan officers or mortgage brokers. Listen to those who are telling you what you cannot qualify for and do what you can to fix it.
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jun 22, 2007, 06:20 PM
    new no down payment assistance
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie28
    Does anyone know where to find a mortgage, or to get a loan to purchase a home for people with low income, no money down and bad credit? My husband and I can not stay where we were living previously because of unreconsilable differences with the home owners. We have 3 children and can not afford more than $1000 a month. Does anyone have any answers?
    P.S. I have already talked to a mortgage broker and he informed me that no bank will buy a home and give a mortgage to anyone with a credit score of less than 580. My husband's is 570 and we do not have time to fix his credit. We really need a miracle. IMMEDIATELY! HELP!
    Hi,
    Last year when I was living in Simi Valley, CA I contacted a real estate agent in Branson and A Mortgage Broker in a near by town. (Springfield, MO). They began working with me before I left.

My credit was terrible (550) and I lucked out and found the best Mortgage Broker ever! First he has a Saturday radio program played through most of the United States.

We came to Branson, Mo in June of 2006 and on August 10th (two months later!) we were in a five bedroom, tri-level house, on a quarter acre for the paltry sum of $157.00!

I do not know if I can mention his name or his company but to make a long story short, he helped us find free funding for a $5000.00 down payment.

If you are interested his email address is: [email protected] Please ask to be put on his very informative newsletter list, ask for the Saturday free mortgage call in station, and ask for the new down payment assistance program that offers home buyers the chance to become a homeowner and finance most of the closing costs. (The $157.00 that I paid was my closing costs.)

I will gladly give my mortgage broker's name and phone number when/if I find out that it is okay for this site.

He helps clients throughout the states by the way.

By the way, I did a lot of research by way of the library and real estate sales people in southern Ca and south west Mo for at least a year and talking to my mortgage broker. (I do not know if I can mention his name.) Of course you should not go off half cocked trying to do business with such an expensive purchase as a house or a car I am not mentioning my mortgage man or his company because I was desperate. We were on a rental list for nice low income homes to start with but when the dust cleared and we got the okay from everyone we were pleasantly surprised to find that we weren't tricked into getting financial help from a charlatan. He was surprisingly personable, friendly, helpful (his info always came up honest and fair after some research) and the guy went out of his way to personally compose letters to the FHA people and to teach me how to straighten my credit out by cold calling my creditors and saying just the right things to settle my problems with them and erasing a enough of the bad credit to make it possible to walk on floors that belong to ME.

I am not a realtor or mortgage broker and you do not have to believe anything that I say here. If you can use the info... go for it. My broker doesn't need for me to sell his business skills and in fact doesn't know that I wrote this testimonial as I have not spoken to him for a while.
    rfarmer Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathie28
    It can be done but you better have 10% down and a great debt to income ratio, housing expense( rent/mortgage,cars, credit cards,other obligations) total obligation/income, not food water bills etc. under 50% and housing expense ratio, mortgage/ income 36% or under for FHA.Subprime loans can get expensive.
    Lease option alternative or a form such as that, pay rent and bills ontime for a year get your credit report, clean it up and get good credit established. When its time to buy its a lot easier can actually act as a refinance!! Go to DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTENCE CLASSES FREE Credit report www.annualcreditreport.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 07:49 AM
    And don't get into debt you can't afford do you know the rate of bankruptcy and foreclosure.

There are some lenders who are considered preditors by many, who lend to those that perhaps should not be. A person has a bad credit rating for a reason, and those reasons need to be addressed before they borrow thierself into more trouble, IF they are already not paying bills on time, getting more bills is not aways best for them.

Of course everyone's reasons is different, but it needs to be looked at closely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

An auto loan and my credit? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a car and financed it through the dealer. The only reason I did this is because I am coming into a large sum of money in a week or so and figured I would just pay off the car loan when that money arrives. However, my credit is not that great and the auto dealer told me that if I made...

Home Equity loan or Consumer Credit Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice. I have about 52,000 worth of credit card and loan debt. I have a credit score of 680 which was 721. I am currently with a consumer credit counseling service which I have to pay 1200.00 a month for 4 years. Im having a hard time making that payment! My question is should...

MONEY back from paying loan off early [ 1 Answers ]

I saw something on TV the other day about getting money back from insurance that was put on a loan if you pay the loan off early. Is this for real? Because I have paid off a mortgage early and several other loans. How can I get help with this?

Question #4 Credit Repair: Fraudulent loan amount [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a student loan (some private lender offered by the small school) account on my credit for a $20,000 credit limit with a $4800 balance that was categorized as "bad debt placed for collection". There was never any collection effort - because the loan was only for $3500 initially. The...

Does Debt Consolidation Loan Hurt Credit? [ 5 Answers ]

Does a Debt Consolidation Loan hurt your credit if you close the accounts and pay just a loan to a bank?

View more questions Search