Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkreuzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Thermostat 2 zone wiring
    During winter, heat worked great for both zones, one up and one down. When calling for AC now, only down zones works (compressor and fan kick on and AC flows). While the down zones works, it does pump some AC to upper floors, but not a strong air flow, so it does cool, just very slow... The up zone does not kick the compressor nor the fan on, so I changed thermostat (righttemp 8050C) and connected wires as follows, red to RC, off white to O, Blue to B, white to W, yellow to y, and green to G... the compressor nor fan will kick on when I call for AC... I have tried to short y to r, no luck... have 2 zone valves controlled by EWC panel... PLEASE HELP!! RC and RH are jumpered and I believe it is a straight AC system, as heat is oil fired forced hot air and ac unit is outside...
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Did you install a jumper between RC and RH? Is this a heat pump or straight A/C system?
    rkreuzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Straight AC... I think... oil fired forced hot air and external ac unit... and yes RC and RH are jumpered on both upstairs and down

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming 3 zone thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a multi level home, and it's set up in 3 zones so I can set my thermostat for each zone, up to 4 periods per day, for the whole week(HVAC tech says they now claim this method really doesn't save $). We are comfy at 68 for heat, so if other zones aren't being used for a period, what is...

Wiring a 2nd zone [ 1 Answers ]

Central a/c is all set up on my finished basement as a 2nd zone. In the upstairs hall closet, I can see a large round pipe running down from the attic to the basement. Ceiling ductwork and vents in the basement are all connected to it. There is a programmable thermostat in the basement as well. The...

View more questions Search