Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compugin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Air handler
    Our home inspection for the sale of our home specifies that "there is a small amount of growth starting on the paper located on the motor. Seller shall clean the paper and treat the unit with an anti microbial agent."
    Please tell me how to get into the air handler, and with what anti microbial agent to treat it? Thanks...
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

May 12, 2007, 03:45 PM
    10% bleach works great,

Turn off power supply to unit and start removing doors till you find the motor
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
    WoW, I have never met an inspector that was that DETAILED. This "growth" I assume is mold?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 12, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07
    WoW, I have never met an inspector that was that DETAILED. This "growth" I assume is mold??

The inspector found this very small insignificant problem but probably missed the major ones. I have seen this to many times.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
    LoL, I bet the roof falls in next summer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New air handler hook up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a burnam oil fired boiler w/ 2 air handlers for both heating and cooling. I am adding a 3rd air handler it's the same as my others but newer and has a circuit board instead of selinoids and relays The air handler is a First Co model #36HBXB-HW, a TACO571-2 zone valve and a Robertshaw 9400...

Air handler doesn't start [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioning unit outside will be running, but the air handler in the garage will not start. I have to turn off the thermostat and turn it back on to get the handler to start. Is there a switch or valve on the handler that can be replaced? It is a Janitrol

Air handler [ 4 Answers ]

My, carrier indoor air handler keep shorting out low voltage transformers. I've replaced 2 of them, the system will run for about 5 hrs. before it shorts out. ...

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Buzzing from air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hoping for info concerning a buzzing sound coming from air handler. We live in a high-rise building(24 floors). We are on a building wide system with air handlers in each room. Small bedroom unit has history about this time each year(last 5) that start buzzing. Past years maintenance would...

View more questions Search