Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iluveagles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2003, 02:05 PM
    No video signal
    I picked up a hewlett packard 6343 has video on board and when I boot up monitor receives no signal input. I tried disabling on board video and put in a pci card that is brand new and still no signal. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Paul
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2003, 05:41 AM
    no video signal
    Try a different monitor?

iluveagles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
    no video signal
    The monitor I'm using is working with my computer. Is it possible the other is just not recognizing this particular model.
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2003, 02:01 AM
    no video signal
    No, all monitor should work on WINDOWS PC system. Your monitor and the other monitors may have different resolution settings. For example, if your monitor is the normal 15 inch, 13 inch viewer--the resolution should be 800X600. If you have a 21 inch monitor, the resolution should be 1024x768. If your monitor and the others are different sizes, I suggests resetting the resolution accordingly, by going to safe mode through F8 on the monitor that's working.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 16, 2003, 10:23 AM
    Bad Monitor?
    Regardless of what size your monitor is, it should still receive a signal when you boot up, because the POST screen is (usually) at 80x25. Do you have an odd high-res screen instead? I have never encountered such a thing but I suppose it is possible.

~psi42
    minesmen01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2003, 06:08 AM
    no video signal
    I am having the same problem. I have older hp that was given to me. My monitor is a microtek 15 inch lcd. It gives me the no signal message. I can plug in to the back of my laptop and it works just fine. If anyone help it would be grateful
    Munchkin Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2003, 09:44 PM
    no video signal
    Can you boot in safe mode and get a signal? If so,

(1) is your new hardware showing up with no problems in the Device Manager?

(2) Have you tried to disable/remove the "onboard" video device driver that was not working?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Formatted C and now no signal! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi The problem probably begins with the fact that I am no PC guru but I already know that (and you will to after reading this) so here's what happened... I wanted to reinstall Windows XP so stupidly I thought why not format my C - that has the OS on it - so that all the junk will be cleaned...

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

No video no signal [ 5 Answers ]

I had a problem with the video of my computer. There was no screen, it was blank. I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked. I also tried a different monitor on the same computer and it didn't work, so I determined it to be the box. The motherboard has a built in video card, serial,...

View more questions Search