Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MalaikaG1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Okinawa Tea
    I just received some Okinawa tea in the mail today. I was just wondering if in addition to moderate exercise (bike riding 2x a week and treadmill 20minutes a day 5x a week) and OK eating habits (lower fat diet) is it possible to lose 30 pounds fast? I read one reply that said no way it works and that Japan has a high obesity rate and another reply from someone from Okinawa Japan and she stands by it and blames the Western diet on the obesity in Japan. I'm a bit confused. Please help:confused:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Exercise and sensible eating are key components in anyone's life. Now you can drink Okinawa Tea, White Tea, Green Tea, Cinnamon Tea, Super Slim Tea, the list goes on. What works is the combination or aerobic/cardiovascular exercise, fitness training, modifying the foods, watching the fat intake, eating natural versus porcessed foods, drinking water, avoiding caffeine, getting enough sleep, avoiding stress, and making the commitment to keep this a life long pattern of healthy living.

If you like the tea, then drink it. Have you checked if the tea can affect any current medications you are on? Making sensible changes in your life is what counts. Best of luck to you.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 08:55 AM
    To lose weight you need a caloric reduction by reducing your calories below your normal intake. If your eating more calories then your expending you won't lose weight no matter what foods, or teas you eat or drink, even good food can be stored as fat. Lower body weight percentages comes from healthy and steady weight loss of no more than 2-3 pounds per week, slowly lowering body fat = permanent weight control limiting weight regain. You need to change bad eating habits, lower portions and eat healthy, natural low calorie, low fat, low sodium and low sugar foods, lots of veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds. And finally an overall body workout 3-4 times a week for 30-60 minutes a session. The general rules are; eat smaller portions, eat less, exercise more!
    bettyb Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaikaG1
    I just received some Okinawa tea in the mail today. I was just wondering if in addition to moderate exercise (bike riding 2x a week and treadmill 20minutes a day 5x a week) and ok eating habits (lower fat diet) is it possible to lose 30 pounds fast? I read one reply that said no way it works and that Japan has a high obesity rate and another reply from someone from Okinawa Japan and she stands by it and blames the Western diet on the obesity in Japan. I'm a bit confused. Please help:confused:
    Okinawa has less than 6% of their population overweight. They also drink the most tea per capita in the world. Some believe this is not just a coincidence. It has actually been shown that the polyphenols present in tea do help stimulate your body's ability to burn fat. I'm not sure that okinawa tea would be any better than any other tea, though. I know oolong teas are high in polyphenols and I guess okinawa is too but I think exercise and sensible eating is the best way to go. Drink the tea because it tastes so good - not to shed kilos! :)
    pudsey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 03:39 AM
    I purchase all my Okinawa tea from the eBay seller below - Service is fantastic and the tea is wonderful – Already lost 2 stone in weight :)
    eBay UK Shop - Okinawan Tea: OKINAWA, Lose weight, Fair Trade tea
    marcusm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I've managed to lose 20lbs with exercise healthy eating and Okinawa tea. I think it does help, Okinawans do live a long time, I found a pretty good site that sells it direct so you know you are getting proper Okinawa tea and not a cheap knock off, I ordered some from another site but it could have come from anywhere. Have a look at Okinawa-Tea - Only the Best Okinawa Tea Direct from Japan! they've got 3 varieties at the moment, I tried the Gold one which is really jasminy :-) and the tea bags. They are pretty reasonable compared to all the others and don't make any stupid claims either just sell the tea!
    okinawa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Okinawa Tea is, in my opinion, a marketing ploy. Okinawan tea is called "sanpincha" and, while good for you--it does not possess any magical benefits that green teas do not possess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tea [ 1 Answers ]

IS FooJoy China Classic Tea the same as Wulong tea?

Coffee and tea [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to become healthy I'm eating a healthy balanced diet And I have also joined a gym I've cut down an alcohol and I'm trying to flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water Fi have 2 questions 1. is tea and coffee really bad for you? Is it best to cut it out completely or just cut...

Okinawan tea [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone know if you can drink this while pregnant?

Is Okinawa tea a lax [ 2 Answers ]

How does Okinawa tea work, I taken tea's in the past and they work as a laxative, does This tea do the same

Tea/coffee [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just wanted to know some myths about coffee I want you to help me compare coffee with tea , since I have 2 to 3 cups Of either tea or coffee , or both (total) 1) I have a stammering problem , will consuming coffee increase it ? 2) does coffee cause acne , pimples 3) does coffee cause...

View more questions Search