Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuckeeebeee Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Bonds issued at a Discount
    Question: When bonds are issued at a discount, the recorded amount of bond interest expense for a given time bears what relationship to the amount of bond interest payable for the same time?

a. The recorded amount of bond interest expense is the same as the amount of bond interest payable

b. The recorded amount of bond interest expense is lower than the amount of bond interest payable

c. The recorded amount of bond interest expense is higher than the amount of bond interest payable

d. There is absolutely no relationship between the amount of recorded bond interest expense and the amount of bond interest payable

e. None of the above

I could use some help on this one. Thank you so much!

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

Confusion over nyc issued 1099 Misc form, NJ issued W2, and state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a canadian citizen and a non resident alien, graduate student in NJ. I reside in NJ and worked as an independent contractor in NYC over last summer. Since I worked on campus for a few months lst year, I was issued a W2 form for $732 in the state of NJ. I also worked as an...

Discount Tire [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I had bent my rim and I took it to Discount Tire to get it fixed. They sent it off to Cali to get re chromed and fixed. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks and told my husband 3-4 weeks. The job actually took 3 months, they gave me a discount on it and were really rude because they...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.