Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissamargaret Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Passenger in an accident, my insurance
    My boyfriend at the time hit another car in an intersection. It was my car and my insurance. I got a call today saying that a lawsuit might be filed against me. What is my liability here? I wasn't even the driver! How much can they try to take?
    One passenger was taken away in an ambulance but did not have any visible injuries.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
    It is your car, and your insurance, what part of your liablity don't you understand. They can sue your boyfiend as the driver, and the owner of the car.

So of course they can sue you.

If this was your boyfriends fault, they can sue for all the damages to their car, all the injuries at the doctor any loss of work and so on.
    If your insurance has just paid them, no problem, but it appears your insurance has refused to pay and so they how have to sue you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No proof of Insurance-not at fault accident [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana, I have an accident which wasn't my fault. The other driver was clearly at fault. She wasn't ticketed, but in the report it clearly stated that she was driving too fast, the speed limit was 25 and she was doing 40. She wasn't paying attention. I discovered that my insurance...

No insurance in accident but am victim [ 8 Answers ]

I was in a car accident where the person that hit me left a huge dent in my car and estimated at about $1,200 worth of damage to my car. He hit me when I was coming into a parking lot and he didn't stop completely at a stop sign. He has insurance, I do not. Am I liable for anything? Also, he is...

Accident - No insurance! Rabbit involved! [ 4 Answers ]

Long story short - I was in an accident on the Highway in Houston (new to the area). I don't own a car so I don't have insurance. I rented a car to get back and forth to work. I thought I had insurance on the car but didn't. Got into a four car wreck. The guy in front of me stopped on the Hwy for a...

Accident witout insurance and at fault [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My wife had a accident yesterday 03/09/2007 in warren county , mason ,Ohio And she was found at fault as she was taking a left turn and ROW was for the person approaching from the front The police officer wrote that my wife is at fault And both the cars were almost total , and on...

Accident with out insurance on my name [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was driving my mechanics vehicle as my car was in repair with him. I have a valid license and my mechanic's vehicle which I am driving is also insured but It does not have insurance on my name . I have insurance on my own car. I just hit a car though I slammed the brake . It was raining...

View more questions Search