Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awesomealexx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week
    Hey, I'm a 5'4[i think] girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need to lose weight, how much, and how to do so in a short period. HELP ASAP!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Information Entered
    Birth Date: May 04, 1992 Height: 5 feet 4 inch(es)
    Date of Measurement: May 05, 2007 Weight: 139 pounds

Results
    Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 23.9, placing the BMI-for-age at the 84th percentile for girls aged 15 years 0 months. This teen has a healthy weight.

Source: BMI-Body Mass Index: Child and Teen Calculator | DNPA | CDC
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 11:38 AM
    According to Em's beautiful calculation, you are perfect my Dear!! :p
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Yeah that says you are good but what ever you do, do not turn to any eating disorder my best friends went though that it hurt me so much I hate seeing people do it 139 is not bad at all I wouldent worry about it at all but if you do want to leos some wait in a week try to walk every day eat a little less no pop try for no junk food little things make the big things happen
    Rachel_2011 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Eat healty (veggies grains protein fruits) and exercise, DO NOT STOP EATING! Also, ditch the junk food. But you sound slim already. I'm 5'7'' 148. I think you are fine.
    ToxicatedTears Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 09:53 PM
    All you have to do is cut back do it like steroids drink 3 cans or bottles of soda a day then the next few days only drink 2 then about a week after the 3 cut down to one and if you can a few days later cut down to none. Same way with junk food or just quit soda and junk cold turkey it works both ways depends on your will power! YOU'LL BE FINE DON'T WORRY!
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

May 30, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomealexx
    Hey, I'm a 5'4[i think] girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and i need to know if I need to lose weight, how much, and how to do so in a short period of time. HELP ASAP!
    Don't give in to the unrealistic pressure that popular culture puts on women. I don't think it's fair that hollywood does that, and based on your height and weight you don't have anything to worry about.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week? Are you nuts? Your body is and should be your temple-your BMI is perfect and THERE IS NO SAFE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IN A WEEK.

Forget about the feminine ideal-it sounds like you are already there anyway.

Please be calm and enjoy your body and your mind.

Cheers
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
    1.) drastically cut calories; try to eat low fat/high fiber foods like raw veggies, as they are also high in vitamins
    2.) running is key; it doesn't have to be fast, just keep your heart rate up, even jogging slowly for a long time is very helpful
    3.) drink lots of water; much of the time that people think that they are hungry they are in fact thirsty, as the physical response is the same and 80% of people don't drink enough water
    4.) lean protein like fish or chicken for dinner with more veggies, carbs such as cereal and bread in the morning/afternoon
    0121KANDY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
    What eva you do don't turn anorexin or bolemic k just trying 2 help cause that leads 2 death
    megan381 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 02:39 PM
    IT IS POSSIBLE AND HEALTHY. Just because BMI states you are at a healthy weight, doesn't mean that dropping a few pounds will hurt you, when in fact, it can make you more active and healthier. But remember I said a few pounds,

To fight with excess weight is one of the oldest “women’s sport”. Especially this kind of sport is popular after holidays. And here we are now. Holidays passed and summer is coming closer.

If you will see that your summer wardrobe sit tight on you don’t hurry to change it on bigger size clothes. The situation is quite corrigible.

I would like to offer you the diet that helps you to get rid of 5kg (11lb) of excess weight during a week. The motivation is strong – size of your clothes must be not bigger than previous summer! Is not it nice to strike your friends and acquaintances that after all holidays and winter season you did not add any excess weight? And this decision is the first step to succeed in weight loss. It will demand to make some efforts from you of course but they are worthy to do. Pointer of your scales will move to desired figures and after a week needed result will be achieved.

This undoubtedly will cheer you up and you’ll want to strengthen achieved results and may be to go further.

Diet will help your stomach to get accustomed to smaller amount of food you need every day. It will decrease the whole quantity of consumed calories. Therefore after this diet it is easy to maintain balanced feeding.

Yes, to lose of 5-7kg (11-15lb) excess weight one week is quite enough. The diet is very simple. Your food during these days is fruits and vegetables. But you must not overeat them also, 1.5kg (3lb) of them a day is enough.

What you can eat for a day?

-apples

-boiled vegetables

-mashed vegetables

-oranges and mandarins

-kiwi

-fruit all sorts (not dressed)

-fruit purée (without sugar)

The main rule is not to eat more than 1.5kg (3lb) of foodstuff a day. What can you drink? It is tea (green is preferable), coffee (without sugar) and water.

To make better your appearance choose fruits that suit to your skin. For dry skin it is ripe red fruits, for fat skin better have green sour-sweet fruits. For normal skin suit both.

But it is not enough to eat little! Have a strong shower every morning to push the process better. After such a shower your blood will go freely through vessels. Shower makes you cheerful and draws you away from foodstuff. Thus your breakfast will be smaller than usual. May be cup of coffee will be enough. But don’t forget to add some not fat milk to it not to harm your stomach. That is proved method I use myself.

Hot bath with few drops of aromatic oil draws your thoughts away from appetizing foodstuff in the evening. It can be rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, fir or other stuff that you like. You will switch to perception of fragrance that draws you away from food.

Don’t lay in the bath without any movement. If your bath has hydro massage it is perfect. If not than try to do it yourself. Even simple massage can do miracle.

May be after 3-4 days you will be tired of fresh vegetables and fruits. Than begin to cook them! Don’t be afraid to experiment. You may cook your day meal at once and divide it to portions. Remember the rule – not more than 1.5kg (3lb) of food a day. Vary assortment of vegetables. It may be:

-cauliflowers

-broccoli

-carrot

-haricot

-sweet pepper

It can be everything you like, all that suits you best.

There is another way to limit your portion of meal – decrease the salt in your meal or don’t salt it completely. The taste of meal will be a bit strange. You will eat not much in this case. But that is all you need!

Recipes of meal from vegetables and fruits I will show you in the next article.
    7 days after this diet you will be pleasantly surprised. Compare your weight with those you had before. You will be glad to have such results.

And if you want to strengthen achieved results you must know how to choose foodstuff for balanced feeding properly and how to cook them. Next article will be dedicated to this subject also.

Be healthy,

Megan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Why can't I lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26, 5'6", 170lbs. I used to have no problem losing weight when I was younger, but over the past 2 years it's been a true struggle. I have spent hundreds (maybe even thousands) on trainers, gym memberships, equipment, doctors, fad diets, etc. I work out at least 3 days a week at the gym (30-45...

Fastest ways to loose weight [ 7 Answers ]

I have too loose weight before April 14,2007.. at any cost.. I hv this huge fashion show in which I have to look skinny... realy skinny.. I weigh 56 kgs now& want to loos at least 10 kgs with in a month.. please help...

Will I lose more weight [ 4 Answers ]

If I eat only Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and drink lots of water and do 3 30min of exercise will I lose more weight?

I need ways to loose weight . And fast [ 1 Answers ]

Well its just plain and simple. I need to drop at least... 10 pounds and hopefully before march 20th. In the past 6 months I gained 30 pounds. Then lost 15. But I feel like I'm gaining it again. And I want to loose at least another 10 before march but don't know how. I don't have a lot of time to...

View more questions Search