Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HurtingALot Posts: 140, Reputation: 13

May 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
    When does he regret it?
    When does he realize that I was the best GF possible? I put up with all of his moods, and did everything for him, (everything... ) with very little reciprocation. Why does he think he is "better off without me?" Why does he say he wants to see if he can be happier with someone else and needs time to see if he "misses me"? Does he ever realize? And if/when he does, will I be strong enough to do the right thing, whatever that is, because at this point, I don't know what I would do.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 10, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Does it matter?

Go find someone who will realize, from the beginning, and be the best boyfriend for you :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Maybe he is better off without you. Maybe you think and over analyze too many things instead of enjoying the moment while it was there. Now that moment is over and he feels that he is better off with out you.

There is no going back. The decisions were made. It is now your time to realize it is over and that as the above post mention. Does it really matter now. Truly it does not.

Joe
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 10, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Simple, he's done with you and so should you. Why do you want someone who doesn't want you to be a part of his life... too bad his loss!! These are deal breakers who keep hoping they would get someone better and end up as such jerks that I am glad you are better off without him... Girl, be confident of yourself... u have your dignity and u deserve every inch of it. Heads up!
    manda24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
    From personal knowledge, he'll claim to have "realized" the second he finds out that you're with someone else. His first moments alone after hearing the news--he'll be right on the phone trying to mess things up for you---DON"T LET HIM! He hasn't changed--he's trying to feed his own ego by knowing you'll run right back to him--but he DOES NOT want you yet. I'd say after a couple of months--let him see you dressed up and looking very happy a couple of times-but don't give in for at least a month. Hopefully, the power of suggestion sets in and you're not just acting like you're happy, but you really are. I'm rooting for you hang in there--it gets easier-believe me, I know. To hell with him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 06:20 AM
    It doesn't matter. Accept that your free to find what real happiness is about, it sure ain't him.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 12, 2007, 10:00 AM
    You put up with all his moods... you did everything...
    Dry your tears and move on.
    Find distraction, go out with girlfriends, do what makes you happier at this moment.
    And at some point you will get over it...

But for now ask yourself... "You put up with all his moods... you did everything....(everything) ... with little reciprocation..."

Does that sound very healthy to you ?

From what I read you are much better off without this person.

Move on.
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Oh my god you sound like me. When the do they realize? I don't think they care, it's like their not concerned with realizing or not because they are over it. I don't know what your situation is, but my ex told me he wanted at "break" and then he made it a break up two weeks later. I know I was the best possible girlfriend for him, but the truth is, He didn't want the best, he wanted something lesser, something to make him feel more competent as a man. So maybe you ARE The best for him, but is he really the best for you? If he needs to think about whether he misses you or not (which my ty ex did) he's def. not the best, because whoever is the best doesn't put you through so much pain that you have to blog it online. I hate this guy your sweating over, he seems like my ex. CHUMPS. Move on, I'm trying to. It sucks, but try not to go back to him, remember all the pain. I know in my heart, I would DIE if I had to go through this whole ordeal again, one times enough, thank you .
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

May 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
    when he is in need that's when !he is a selfish bastard just like my x did everything for him for 8 years.
    DO NOT go back. What goes around comes around listen to that song I will survive over and over check out the lyrics just punch it into Google. Why does he say he wants to see you? To KEEP YOU hanging on AND for a safety net in case his plans don't work out. You go back you will be his doormat. He wants that control respect yourself do not ever do that. Do not cave in.

May 13, 2007, 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Maybe he is better off without you. Maybe you think and over analyze too many things instead of enjoying the moment while it was there. Now that moment is over and he feels that he is better off with out you.

There is no going back. The decisions were made. It is now your time to realize it is over and that as the above post mention. Does it really matter now. Truly it does not.

Joe
    the sad thing is people come here ask for help then the person comes back and we took our time to help and for nothing they dismiss us once they get what they want if this is the case here she deserves him.

May 13, 2007, 01:33 AM
    I say it the way it is and u have no idea what I been through harsh? Nope just fact.
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxie
    I say it the way it is and u have no idea what i been thru harsh? nope just fact.

Jaxie...

People come here to ask for help and that's great in itself..
    This is a free country...
    We are on this forum because we all care about people and try to be of any help...

People can and should do what they think is good for them.
    We on this Forum seem only to be offering "a listening ear" and hopefully give some feedback that might be of any help...

However... to say that people "dismiss" us once they get what they want seems to be how you feel...

It's not so much what is said... however, it does matter how it's being said.

Gypsy456
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Based on the limited bit of information that's provided, he sounds like a rather ungrateful and unappreciative person who really doesn't deserve you. It sounds like you bent over backwards to please him but how happy were you in all of this? Were your needs met at all in this relationship? An unbalanced relationship in which one partner invests much more than the other is never healthy and is ultimately doomed to failure. Move on and, in the future, be a little more guarded about your needs and what's right for you.
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
    You don't need him to validate what a good person you are, because you know that, and don't take his remarks personally, as they only show how truly dumb, and undeserving he really is.

May 13, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Talaniman, can you tell me why guys simply turn away and make us girls feel good for nothing as we did something wrong... self esteem for lot of girls takes such a push down in such cases... and it makes it hard to accept it's over... Can u give some insight please!
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Guys do not make you feel anything. It is you, yourself that feels that way. Self esteem, and accepting its over. Can you really say these two things are actually related?

It is up to each individual how they are going to react and think depending on the situation your in. It is not your boyfriend or ex that makes a women feel that way.

Joe
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
    I am not sure if I made enough sense. Oh, well here goes nothing. Hopefully somebody understands that you think for yourself and no one tells you to think a certain way.

Joe
    Expert

May 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
    If its insight you want then just read the posts of some of the guys here who are going through exactly the same thing you are, so don't think of it as a man thing or woman thing. Think of it like you made it all to easy for him to take what you offered so willinglyand freely, and he gave you nothing in return, nor did you demand it, you should have made him earn it. When he had everything he wanted he left. That simple. The bottom line is don't give it all away for... nothing. This is a lesson we all learn sooner or later so don't feel its just you. Its everybody.

May 14, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Thank you very much Talaniman. Things or people we get easy, we often take them for granted and lose respect for them... so very true. Though it happens to both men and women alike, however I must add that women are just little bit more vulnerable and emotional in handling things, so it becomes hard for them to accept it's over... not to say men don't feel anything but the degree varies and they r attuned in such a way that they don't show and move on faster... I guess that's the only difference.

May 14, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Jesushelper, your name is so beautiful and because all of us are helping each other out, Iwould like to point out just one comment that you made: "This person needs to hear this instead of always putting the blame on the guy all the time."... Well to this I can only say,that my intention of asking question was not to offend males, rather I have due respect for every being existing as all of us have emotions and situations that we go through, however my intention was just to make a query as lot of women find it hard to move on after a break up... no offense meant.. WE are all helping each other through queries... so next time when you put forward your views, please AS being jesushelper, refrain yourself from getting offended rather see the query as a whole... Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ever dump a guy and then on second thought regret/reverse your decision? [ 5 Answers ]

This may or may not be a self-pity thread (I'm feeling pretty good right now), but I just wanted to ask the women on this board if they've ever dumped a boyfriend or divorced a husband only to regret making the decision weeks, months, or maybe even years down the line. I'm sure this has happened to...

I've done something that I regret [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is laura and I'm from the uk I came across this site just when I was on my laptop. Im only 13 but I have a big problem. I have already had sex with my boyfriend and were not together now but now I'm started to get addicted to it and I look 18 and boys always look at me and flirt with...

View more questions Search